Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
hjortejagt med hunde bliver ikke tilladt igen
National Trust backs down over plan to revive deer hunting

Rob Evans and Rich Cookson
Thursday June 1, 2006
The Guardian

The National Trust yesterday abandoned plans to allow the hunting of deer with dogs to be restarted on its land, after criticism from anti-hunt campaigners. The Guardian disclosed on Tuesday that the trust was reconsidering the ban it had imposed on deer hunting nine years ago.
Anti-hunting campaigners welcomed the trust's "swift" decision. A spokeswoman for the International Fund for Animal Welfare said such a move would have helped to make deer hunting appear legitimate. "The public clearly does not want deer chased for sport."

.....når bare man har nok penge og krudt.....så går det ikke aldrig helt galt :-)

Favourite Quote: Vi løser ikke vore problemer ved at tænke på samme måde, som da vi skabte dem.....(Albert Einstein)
.....ualmindelig velinformeret i forhold til min alder ... :-)

Favourite Quote: En humlebi ved ikke, at den ikke kan flyve......Gå ud på terrassen og vift med armene...hvis du letter må du være uvidende ;-)
Svar
HEr er forløberen... inden I får kaffen galt i halsen [Big Grin]

National Trust may allow deer hunting with dogs
(Filed: 30/05/2006)

The National Trust is considering allowing the hunting of deer with dogs on its land to deal with the problem of sick and injured deer.

Healthy deer would not be at risk from the measures
The move, which would allow the use of dogs only to flush out deer so they can be shot, is in line with the ban on fox and deer hunting with hounds which came in two years ago.

Under the 2004 Act, hunts are permitted to use two dogs to drive the animals out from shelter. They should then be shot as quickly as possible.

The National Trust banned all hunting with dogs on its land nine years ago at the start of a campaign to persuade the Government to make hunting with hounds illegal.

But deer still have to be culled periodically because they damage crops and forests.

A National Trust spokesman said they were not considering allowing fox hunting on their land, but were looking at effective ways to cull sick and injured deer.

"It is a narrow way of trying to despatch them," he said. "At the moment it is not easy to isolate them and shoot them, so this may be a way of drawing out the sick deer and despatching them effectively and quickly."

The Trust has set up a committee to investigate the issue of deer hunts on their land on Exmoor and the Quantock Hills in the West Country.

.....når bare man har nok penge og krudt.....så går det ikke aldrig helt galt :-)

Favourite Quote: Vi løser ikke vore problemer ved at tænke på samme måde, som da vi skabte dem.....(Albert Einstein)
.....ualmindelig velinformeret i forhold til min alder ... :-)

Favourite Quote: En humlebi ved ikke, at den ikke kan flyve......Gå ud på terrassen og vift med armene...hvis du letter må du være uvidende ;-)
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)