Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
51,1% stemte for søndagsjagt i Lanark/Canada
Lanark Highlanders give Sunday hunting a shot
By TOM VAN DUSEN, OTTAWA SUN

LANARK -- A tight 2.2% margin is all it took to open up the Township of Lanark Highlands to Sunday hunting, possibly as soon as this fall's deer season.

The township recently organized a survey on the issue, in order to advise the Ministry of Natural Resources as to whether it was in favour of permitting gun hunting on Sundays for small and large game.

Last year, council decided not to open up the township to hunters on the one day of the week when the activity can be curtailed, said Lanark Highlands CAO Tim Simpson.

However, it decided this year to get a reading on the matter from residents.

To keep costs down and guarantee widespread distribution, council placed a survey in the Highland Voice, a publication circulated to every property owner in the township, including seasonal residents.

51.1% IN FAVOUR

Some 897 individuals responded, or about 13% of the municipal voters' list. The survey found 51.1% were in favour of Sunday hunting, while 48.9% were opposed.

Simpson explains the close vote by noting even some local hunters wanted to reserve Sunday as a day of rest from their favourite pastime.

Based on the results, the Ministry of Natural Resources has been asked to post the township on the list of municipalities where Sunday hunting is allowed.

Several other rural Eastern Ontario municipalities are already on the list.

While Sunday hunting has always been permitted in Northern Ontario, Simpson says the option was only recently offered to southern municipalities.

He suggests the decision will have positive economic benefits, with more hunters visiting the rugged municipality, increasing revenue for the service industry and other local businesses.

.....nu OGSÅ ejer af en 243win :-)

Favourite Quote: Vi løser ikke vore problemer ved at tænke på samme måde, som da vi skabte dem.....(Albert Einstein)
.....ualmindelig velinformeret i forhold til min alder ... :-)

Favourite Quote: En humlebi ved ikke, at den ikke kan flyve......Gå ud på terrassen og vift med armene...hvis du letter må du være uvidende ;-)
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)