Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Marlin VS .17HMR and Mr Crow
Hej Lani

Most shots range from 50 to 125 yds with the 17 HMR on Crows. I shoot squirrel at ranges from 20 to 100yds i fall hunting season and
Jack rabbits i Montana at ranges from 50 to 150 yds.
The .17 HMR will kill fox and Coyote ,but I have listened to hunters
not recovering the animal from using this caliber. I think anything
bigger than a Raccoon or Jackrabbit needs a small centerfire cartridge such as a .204 Ruger,220swift,22-250 .223 or something in that power range.
By the way the larger Coon i this billede needed 3 shots to kill him

[Image: 6gbfin7.jpg]

Billede is of a December hunt with 2 Coons, a Fox squirrel and a black squirrel ,riffel is lefthand Savage varmint 17HMR using Hornady
Varmint Express ammo.

Mvh...Eric

Hunting and Fishing is a dirty business,but someone has to do it.
Soldt all my guns...I'm entering priesthood..:-))
Svar
Hi Eric.

This might sound strange to you, but why do you have 5 rifles of the same kind and caliber? I think I'd rather have one, which then was a little more expensive and accurate [?]

LANI

DURA LEX SED LEX, med latex skal du sejre.......
Mvh.LANI

Svar
Citat:quote:

Originally posted by Lani

Hi Eric.

This might sound strange to you, but why do you have 5 rifles of the same kind and caliber? I think I'd rather have one, which then was a little more expensive and accurate [?]

LANI

DURA LEX SED LEX, med latex skal du sejre.......

Good question Lani...I don't know myself..[Big Grin][Big Grin]

I'll try to think of something..how is this for an answer.

One I use on Crows..that rifle gets rough use,stock banged up from in and out of vehicles..could,nt stand having a Cooper or Dakota rifle having that kind of treatment.
rifle 2 gets used at the concrete shooting bench in back of my work shop for gophers,red pine squirrels and other small varmints,its always ready to shoot.Remember where I live is fairly rural and unpopulated,so I can shoot a rifle most anytime without alarming other people.
Rifle 3 remains a gun safe queen i the event that I damage rifle number one.[Big Grin]
Rifle number 4 is a Savage I use for hunting tree squirrel and I have
it sighted in for the CCI hollow pt bullets rather than the more explosive Hornady Varmint express ammo.
Rifle number 5..Jeg bought i a moment of weakness.

OK..well that's my story and I'm sticking to it...[Big Grin][Big Grin]

Mvh..Eric

Hunting and Fishing is a dirty business,but someone has to do it.
Soldt all my guns...I'm entering priesthood..:-))
Svar
Ja-well!

Som en kendt våbenglad (jeg tror han var Amerikaner) engang svarede på spørgsmålet:

”Hvor mange skydevåben har de egentlig”?

Svar: ”Flere end jeg har brug for, - men færre end jeg kunne tænke mig”

Og sådan er der jo nok flere af os her på VTF der tænker. [Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin]

Swift
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)