Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Anyone speek english?/U.S.A. hunter.
I live in Colorado, U.S.A.
And I'd love to talk hunting/shooting with you guys.
Svar
welcome onbord matt, a lot of us doo speek some english and "pretend" to know alot about hunting and shooting and it dosent stop us from debating. The only probelm with you americans is that you are about 8 hours late i gues when you live in colorado, isnt` it pacific time by you. I visited the midwest in september 2002 and was also in colorado and up in the rockys, It was magnificent.I did also a littel prariedoghunting in Nebraska (it was real funn) I also wisited a few colegues in nebraska and south dakota (rifle and amo manufactureres) Hope to hear from you

jbn
Svar
Fantastic!
I am a 28yr old born and bred american hunter,Avid hunter.
I enjoy reloading, and shooting long range rifles.

We sucessfully hunt muledeer, pronghorn antelope, ELK (wapati),and various small game. Including coyotes! MY SPECIALITY!![Big Grin]

I live in a suburban neighbohood, but My family still farm in Eastern COLORADO, so I vist every weekend in the winter to hunt coyotes.

What do you hunt?, And where, What rifles?

It's great to talk w/ people so far away with the same intrest.
Svar
hello Matt, do you also use that awfull rabitsqeaal to call in your coyotes.(my sisters boyfreind in minden nebraska does). Her in denmark i hunt (besides smallgame) roedeer, reeddeer(elkfamily)and foxes, in Swedwn i hunt mooses, I shoot the (Reeal thing) Schultz & Larsen) in caliber 22-250/ 243/ 6.5x55/ 6.5-284 /30.06/ 9,3x62/ 300win mag/ 358Norma mag and 458win mag All on the same rifle

jbn
Svar
Hi there Matt!

Welcome to the strange world of the "gun-enthusiasts" in Denmark/Scandinavia.. Denmark is a challenging place to live if you're interested in guns, particular the long range rifle.. Long Range hunting in Denmark is rarely above 200 m, the longest civilian shooting ranges are 600m, and they are few and far between.
In plain fact, you will be severely frowned upon, if you shoot at distances much over 150 m, and for Gods sake do not "brag" about it to other Danish hunters!!
One of the greatest concerns while rifle-hunting in Denmark is "The backstop" any shot taken with a rifle in Denmark is likely to pass over the land of at least 2 or 3 other owners, if your backstop fails, or isn't there!! Great fun, see... [8D]
sometimes I long for the chance to shoot a few prairedogs at 400 yds... without too much worry about backstop... because no-one lives or stays within miles!
So in this forum, a lot of discussion is on "stopping power" or the ability of a certain calibre/bullet/load to "drop the roe-deer on the spot" preferably without causing too much damage to the meat.
(maybe the critter runs over to your neighbor, in which case it is his![Sad!]) If he is a nice guy, you will probably be allowed to go and fetch it...[Smile]
I tend to go abroad to hunt, Sweden, Poland, Scotland, and some day I hope to go to the USA to shot some prariedogs and to Alaska for a mountain-goat or a bear. Maybe to hunt with my handguns (A BIG No-No here!)
I shoot 22 (10/22, much customized) 222 (Steyr SL), 22-250 (Win 70), 243 Custom singleshot, 6,5x55 (Sako Custom, Shilen bl) 8x57 Mauser98, 9,3x62 mauser Custom Douglas bl (soon [Smile] , 458 Lott Ruger nr. 1 (soon [:p] ALL in different rifles![8D] I reload all my ammo....

Cheers
Dravis aka. FMJ
Hilsner
Dravis aka:FMJ
"Sapere Aude: Dare to KNOW!"
"Do not adjust your mind, there's a fault in reality"
"Når to deler et ansvar, så er der to procent til hver"
Svar
Yes, I use (in addition to other calls) the rabbit scream.
Although I prefer on most stands to use a howler, this year me and my two cousins called around 65-70 coyotes.Although I'm afraid we didn't shoot anwhere near that many.

I also enjoy shooting prarie rats.[Big Grin]

That 6.5x284 is really great , my cousin just had one built last year.

My collection of firearms are mostly hunting, and includes-
remington 220swift varmint syn., rem mod 788 in 22-250., savage 110 in 30-'06., marlin 12mn in .22 magnum., modified Ruger 10-22., rem 572 in .22, marlin mod 60 .22, H and R 12Ga single shot., Beretta 390 12Ga., lyman percussion lock muzzle loader., traditions percussion lock muzzle loader., H and R .22 trapper mod pistol, and a few air rifles.
I hope to add a Sako varmint in 6.5x55 this spring!![Smile]

How do you hunt the foxes in Denmark? And what are your deer like?

My family moved here to Colorado from Denmark around the turn of the century, and I hope to visit Denmark with my wife some day.
Svar
Hi again Matt!

I personally mostly hunt foxes with my .222 or 22-250, mostly as a chance shot, when sitting in a tree stand for roe-deer or stalking for roe-deer.

I think that most foxes shot in Denmark are taken with a 12Ga. at fairly close range, using a dachshund or terrier to flush them from artificial underground "foxholes"

The most common deer in Denmark is the Roe- deer (weight 25 - 45 Lbs)
Very alert and with exceptional senses, both vision, smell and hearing
Stalking the roebuck in the summer season and getting real close is a real challenge, and is considered one of the finest hunting experiences you can get... often you will need to get within 70 yards to get a good clean shot!

We also have the Fallow deer which is larger 80 - 160 Lbs and the largest is the Red deer, this is the same as the ones hunted in Scotland and weighs up to 300 lbs+

btw: I have family in Iowa that moved there around the 1920'es!

Cheers
Dravis aka. FMJ
Hilsner
Svar
Have any of you guys tried calling in the foxes?
It's not very difficult , at least here it is not.

Dravis thank you for the sizes of the deer. I can appericiate how hard it is to stalk wary game, especially deer.
I alwase thought red deer were larger than that. I assumed they were the size of our elk.
If I can get my scanner working I will post some photos of the game I have harvested.
Svar
Hello matt, It must be wery small animals around where DRAVIS hunt or it must be slaughted weight, the adult roedeers we hunt weights about 60-70 lbs alive and the adult mail reddeer(stags) weights about 300 - 500lbs alive, My sisters boyfriend from Nebraska shot a awerage redstag when they were over here in december, it weighed 375lbs when the guts were taken out. You can see a picture of it on, WWW://reloadersnest.com forum huntingpictures he writes under nefj50 . I hawe tried calling foxes and i works

jbn
Svar
Thats a neat lookin' critter! I wish I could get 1 some day.[Sad]

I get the immpression you know a little something about Shultz and Larsen rifles, are they still made ? if so , what calibers/ or models do they offer?[Smile]
Svar
Schultz & Larsen is going strong again. They produces beside a lot of machbarrels etz. also an huntingrifel M97-DL with a swich barrelsistem along with Take Downs and machrifles in calibers:22-250/243/6mmnormabr/25-06/6,5x55/6,5-284/264win mag/7x64/270/270wsm/7mmwsm/308win/3006/300winmag/300wsm/338winmag/358normamag/375Dakota and 458winmag.All to be used on the same action,by simply loosening 2 clampingscrews on the reciver, pulling the barrel out and replasing it with an other caliber, in the oposit order, You might also change the bolt if you go from std to mag calibers, along with evt magazine

jbn
Svar
jbn, that sounds great! a production rifle in 6.5x284!!! And 264mag!!
I haven't been able to find either over here.[Smile]
I've been thinking about a 6.5 target/ hunting rifle for some time now, and I think the 264 is the way to go.

Are they still made in Denmark? Do they have a web site ?
Svar
I dont think they actually have a website - but I'm sure they will once their lazy manager gets in touch with someone who can make it for them on more than reasonable conditions...someone like me[8D]...maybe ignorant can pull some strings?

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups...

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups... and anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Svar
To my comming "ennemy"Jens Ulrik (joking)The two things that create most development are 1: War 2: Lazines.Back to Matt Yes they are completly produced in denmark(just around my backyard)

jbn
Svar
Hi Matt (and the rest of you!)

I've never weighed a deer before gutting it, so maybe my figures were a bit misleading, my figures were "slaughtered weight" based on actual game taken, you may notice the 300(+) lbs on the Red deer!
(heaviest gutted danish Red Stag I've seen was just under 400 lbs)

Dravis
Hilsner
Svar
Hi Matt

I have also heard directly from the manager, that he is lazy. He told me that he did´nt need a website, because his products sold it self. On the other hand he spend a few hours every week, talking with people who wants information about their secondhand bougth S&L rifle. By the way, today at my local dealer(Lyngs jagtvåben) I saw the new S&L mod. 97 with the new scope mount...That´s a nice piece of work.[Wink]

Nu ikke sur JBN

G.D.
Great Dane

Svar
Thank you for your great response to my pestering,
It is hard to find others here who have an intrest in Scandinavian hunting/ firearms.[Big Grin]

What about prices? I know 'vintage' S&L rifles are VERY expensive.
Are the new models comparable to Sako in price?

Or are they more?

Do they still use rear locking lugs? I like that about my Remington 788.And can only imagine it's better on a Shultz and Larsen.
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)