Svar
6,5 SST

.30 SST

8mm GMX

9,3 GMX

9,3 DGS

.375 GMX

[Image: dralflogoKim1.jpg][Image: Asgrdlogo.gif]
Jeg har nået den alder hvor jeg ved hvad der er værd at vide, og på en god dag kan jeg faktisk huske noget af det
Svar
American Whitetail

Jeg har nået den alder hvor jeg ved hvad der er værd at vide, og på en god dag kan jeg faktisk huske noget af det
Svar
Citat:quote:

whitetail venison, to be specific—has been feeding red-blooded Americans since the first intrepid colonists landed on the wild coasts of the New World. That’s well over 500 years now—half a millennium—and to this day the whitetail is the most popular and available big game on the North American continent.

No surprise, then, that the bulk of hunting ammo sold in the States is geared toward whitetail hunters, engineered to effectively drop canny, ghostlike bucks from Corpus Christi to the northern borders of Montana, from Florida’s swamps to Maine’s deep woods.

Over the past year or so, several new whitetail loads have been introduced, and I’ll be telling you about offerings from two of our major ammomakers. Hornady has a new, dedicated line called American Whitetail; Remington’s is an all-purpose line aptly named Hypersonic Rifle.

Hornady American Whitetail
Hornady has so many extraordinary projectile lines—GMX, InterBond, MonoFlex, Flex-Tip, and so on—that some folks tend to forget how good the company’s classic copper-jacketed, lead-core InterLock bullet is. It may not be the most aerodynamic of bullets, and it may not be a bonded, tipped, whiz-bang bullet, but it is forgivingly accurate in most firearms; it expands ferociously, imparting tremendous shock; and it holds together relatively well, even when impacting whitetail bones.

American Whitetail ammo features whitetail-appropriate-weight InterLock projectiles (just one weight per caliber) in a selection of popular cartridges from .243 Winchester to .300 Winchester Magnum.

According to the company, gunpowder used in the American Whitetail line delivers “consistent accuracy and performance.” Now, that’s a pretty generic claim that any ammo manufacturer might make, but in this case, it probably holds water. With the exception of a few whitetail hunters that delight in shooting down senderos in Texas or across bean fields, most guys don’t shoot at deer way out yonder. Heck, it’s impossible to find a place to shoot farther than 200 yards in many great whitetail states. In the absence of demand for ammo that stretches its downrange legs, Hornady, it seems, had the luxury of selecting propellants purely for consistency.

A couple months ago I had the opportunity to shoot two axis deer—a buck and a doe—and six Texas hogs with the 150-grain .308 version. Every hog I shot dropped in its tracks. Bullets penetrated fully and exited in every case. In the interest of full disclosure, I’ll admit that none was much over 100 pounds.

The axis deer were a different story. A mature axis buck can be up to twice the size of a big whitetail deer, and they are known for toughness, so they present an excellent push-the-limits test for a dedicated whitetail bullet.

In most cases, the other hunters in my group and I experienced fast kills and short blood trails, but according to the guides, who did the field dressing and caping, very few bullets exited. Most were found against the hide on the far side of the animal.

Many hunters consider that to be optimal performance because bullets that penetrate right to—but not quite through—the other side dump 100 percent of the bullet’s energy into the animal. I like an exit wound because it bleeds more and makes tracking easier. As a case in point, I shot my buck at 138 yards and liver-hit him. It wasn’t a long shot, but just as the trigger broke the buck took a step, and my bullet went 6 or 8 inches farther back than I’d intended. The blood trail was nil, and it took us a long, stressful search to find him where he’d dropped in a thicket. But don’t get the impression that you wouldn’t get full penetration on whitetails with this ammo—you would, usually.

For this report I also tested American Whitetail ammo for accuracy and velocity in .270 Winchester, 7mm Remington Magnum, and .300 Win. Mag. They shot great—in fact, the 139-grain 7mm Rem. Mag. load averaged 0.65-inch groups from my Hill Country Rifles accurized Remington Model 700. Interestingly, that load had large extreme spread and standard deviation figures, but the noonday sun was glaring right down into my chronograph, and I’m pretty sure it played havoc with the laser eyes.

You’ll note that neither of the .300 Win. Mag. loads tested for this article shot particularly well. Not to worry because the rifle I tested them through is quite finicky, and 2.5-inch groups are pretty typical with all but its favorite loads.

American Whitetail ammunition is good stuff. It’s very good stuff for the price, which ranges from $26 (.30-30 WCF) to $38 (.300 Win. Mag.) per box, suggested retail. Hornady’s engineers did the thinking for you, choosing the best deer-bullet weight for the caliber and building the most accurate load they could around it. Choosing a great load to knock over your deer this fall is a cinch. Just ask for American Whitetail ammo in whatever caliber you shoot.

Shooting times

Svar
Citat:quote:

Hornady has recently announced a handful of new ammunition offerings for 2014.

A completely new line of ammunition, known as Custom Lite, delivers the performance folks have come to expect from Hornady, but with reduced recoil and muzzle blast. The Custom Lite line of ammo includes several rifle calibers, as well as 12 and 20 gauge shotgun slugs.

Hornady’s American Whitetail line of hunting ammo has expanded to include 12 gauge, 325-grain shotgun slugs.

Their Critical Duty line now includes .357 Sig with a 135-grain FlexLock bullet.

Hornady has also added a 20 gauge load to their Heavy Magnum Turkey line.

available in the first quarter of 2014.

Svar
Rapid-Safe

Svar
Lock-N-Load Control Panel

Svar
2015 nyheder fra Hornady:

http://www.hornady.com/new-products

Christian
Svar
Nyt ELD-X Kugle fra Hornady.

Almindelig jagt og Match kugle.

http://www.hornady.com/store/ELD-X

http://www.hornady.com/store/ELD-Match

[Image: asgaard.gif]
Fordi jeg kan.
[Image: Fuchs.gif]
243Win, 260 AI, 308Win, 30.06, 375 H&H

Fordi jeg kan.
223Rem
300 AAC Blackout, 
260AI, 308Win, 9.3x62

Svar
Precision-Hunter

Politisk korrekthed: Adfærd eller synspunkter, der er styret af frygt for andres mening.
Svar
6.5 PRC

Fordi jeg kan.
223Rem
300 AAC Blackout, 
260AI, 308Win, 9.3x62

Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)