Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Mauser Oberndorf 1908 med underlig udfræsning!
Jeg smed billederne rundt til et par venner jeg Mailer med.

Her er der et IMO fyldestgørende svar inkl. forklaring på tallene:

Citat:quote:

Jesper:

The pictures that you included and the description indicate that this action is a Turkish Mauser Model 1903/1905 action made by Mauser Oberndorf on Neckar in 1908. The semi-circular cut at the rear of the receiver ring is to provide clearance for quick stripper clip loading 5-rounds of 7.65x53mm military FMJ bullets into the magazine.

The Turkish Mauser Model 1903/1905 action is a variant of the Mauser 98. The Turkish action has a bolt 0.2-inch (5 mm) shorter bolt length and a 0.2-inch (5 mm) longer receiver ring than a standard M98 action. The overall length of the Turkish and M98 actions is the same at 8.75 inches (222.25 mm). The magazine length inside should be about 3.225 inches (81.9 mm) for the 7.65x53mm cartridge length. The Turkish action used the small-ring threads, but with a longer threaded shank. The combination of the small-ring barrel diameter and large-ring action diameter increases the strength of the receiver ring with more steel surrounding the barrel. Also, no guard screw locking screws were fitted to the Turkish action. There also should be a raised stripper clip slot at the front of the receiver bridge and an extended tab on top of the bolt stop/ejector assembly that goes to the top of the stripper clip slot.

Because this action has commercial German proof marks (crown over “B”, crown over “U”, and the bore/groove diameters (7.65 mm/7.9 mm), etc.) this means that the military Turkish action was completed as a original pre-WW1 Mauser sporting rifle, probably a Mauser Type C 7.65x53mm Rifle with a stepped 23.62-inch (600 mm) military style-barrel and a half-stock. This rifle is illustrated in the book: Speed, Schmid, and Herrmann, 1997, “Mauser Original Oberndorf Sporting Rifles,” Collector Grade Publications, 508 p. I have the book and it is an excellent book for anyone interested in Mauser rifles. The Type C Mauser Rifle was a low-priced sporting rifle using some surplus military parts.

The rifle’s powder charge weight was 2.7 grams (41.6 grains) of German leaf (flake) rifle powder (G.B.P.) and a steel-jacketed rifle bullet (St.M.G. = “Stahl Mantel Geschoss” I think).

I have 4 Turkish Mauser Model 1903/1905 military rifles with this same type of action, 2 short rifles and 2 long rifles. Originally all of these were chambered in 7.65x53mm and made by Mauser before WW1, but during the 1920s-1940s, the Turks rebarreled these older rifles to the 8x57mm as their standard military cartridge.

Thanks for the interesting pictures of a rare commercial Mauser Oberndorf action.

K....

Glædelig Jagt fra Grønland

Jesper Rex
E-mail: jrex@ofir.dk
Glædelig Jagt fra Grønland

Jesper Rex
If you can't do it with a 30-06, it likely can't be done...(Men det ER nu kedeligt kun med en gøb....(skriver manden med 9+))
Svar

Beskeder i denne tråd
Mauser Oberndorf 1908 med underlig udfræsning! - af JRexA - 19-06-2007, 08:36 PM

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)