Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Swift er blevet international
Flot artikel af Swift i det nye nummer af VHA (Varmint Hunters Association). Rævejagt i Danmark beskrevet for de Amerikanske læsere med bl.a lidt om den Danske jagtlov.

Thumbs up [Smile][Smile][Smile]

PS: og et billede af Hogmeister blev der osse plads til

--
mvh M@X.
DRALF - opfinder af den
originale -

[Image: wardwarf-1.jpg]
Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.....

Mvh  M@X 2.1
Svar
ØV! – jeg har ikke fået bladet endnu. [Sad!] ”Postmand Per” er lidt sløv her i det østjyske.

Hogmeister har fået det første "fall out" på artiklen af en mand fra Idaho, som godt kunne tænke sig en riffel med ”Guldregn” skæfte. [Smile]

mvh.
Swift
Svar
Hej Swift

Rart artikle om ræv og rævejagt info fra DK...pæn til at se et artikle fra dig igen i VHA bladet.[^][^]

VHA blade ankommet læst uge herhjemm,men jeg har ikke læst den endnu.

Læse artikle i aften efter Max postet tråden om jeres artikle...og osse herfra et big thumbs op...[Smile][Smile][Smile]

mvh...Eric
Soldt all my guns...I'm entering priesthood..:-))
Svar
Hvad behar'?
Der er sgu ikke noget billede af mig i den artikkel. Det er Swift der er afbilledet der. Men hvis du kigger paa side 203 er der et billede der ligner.
Hogmeister
Hogmeister
Svar
Nøøøj, det kunne være spændende at se/læse. Hint, hint [Wink]

mvh Lars

"Jeg har mange forskellige interesser, men de slutter alle på -jagt"

Forbundsmester 2020 i sporting, jagtfeltskydning og jagthorn!
Svar
Citat:quote:

Originally posted by hogmeister

Hvad behar'?
Der er sgu ikke noget billede af mig i den artikkel. Det er Swift der er afbilledet der. Men hvis du kigger paa side 203 er der et billede der ligner.
Hogmeister

Ja nummer 2 fra venstre. Jeg mente selvfølgelig at der blev plads til et billede i bladet. Og det fandt du jo selv ud af. [Big Grin]

--
mvh M@X.
DRALF - opfinder af den
originale -

[Image: wardwarf-1.jpg]
Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.....

Mvh  M@X 2.1
Svar
Hvor ligger der et scan [:p]

"Det eneste , der er kedeligere end at lære ting udenad, er at høre, hvad andre har lært udenad"

[Image: topp_sommar.gif]
Svar
Lars:
Du kan jo abbonere paa tidsskriftet http://www.varminthunter.org
saa kan du hitte ud af resten selv.
Hogmeister
Hogmeister
Svar
Det er jo det.... men hvis de havde valgt den rigtige til public så havde det været fint..

Hvem er Lars [8D]

http://www.varminthunter.org/downloads/Issue67.pdf

"Det eneste , der er kedeligere end at lære ting udenad, er at høre, hvad andre har lært udenad"

Svar
Aner det ikke, men han postede kl 14 39 44 som Lars M. L.
Hogmeister
Hogmeister
Svar

Originally posted by Lars M. L.

Nøøøj, det kunne være spændende at se/læse. Hint, hint [Wink]

Åååhhh! – det ved jeg nu ikke om det helt går an. [Image: headscratch.gif]

Min artikel i Varmint Hunters Magazine er jo skrevet til de Amerikanske Varmintjægere.

I et Dansk jagttidsskrift, ville den nok havde været [Image: censored.gif] lidt.

mvh.
Swift
Svar

Originally posted by halvautomat

Hvem er Lars [8D]

Det er vist mig [:I]

Min artikel i Varmint Hunters Magazine er jo skrevet til de Amerikanske Varmintjægere.

I et Dansk jagttidsskrift, ville den nok havde været censureret lidt.

@ Swift: Jeg tror, vi kan klare mosten [:p][:p]

mvh Lars

Svar
Okay da! - med risiko for verbale hug, og moralske løftede pegefingre får i så historien.[Big Grin]

Jeg har endnu ikke modtaget bladet, men her har i artiklen, som jeg sendte den!

The last fox of the season
By: Swift

[Image: GertSorensenwithanotherfox.jpg]
The author, who lives in Denmark, pursues red fox in the winter.

The first encounter:
The first time I met him was early in February. The snow had been falling all night, and there were still a few snowflakes in the air when I parked the car near the concrete bridge. It was sunrise, and legal to shoot. I followed the creek leading to the North meadow where my tree stand was located. Halfway there I first saw his tracks. It was a huge male fox, I thought to myself, heading in the same direction I was going.
Before I crossed the creek on the two logs I had previously placed there as a bridge, I stopped and scanned the meadow in front of me, and that is when I first saw him about 170 yards out. Just the back of him was showing over the edge of the meadow. Too far for a freehand shot, so I knelt down to rest the rifle on a fencepost, but now I couldn’t see him anymore, I was too low! Darn! I stood up, and there he was again following a ditch at the far side of the meadow. I made a quick decision. If I could cross the creek and reach my tree stand 30 yards away, I would have a perfect shot at the fox. I quickly crossed the creek, climbed the stand, but the fox was gone.

The second meeting:
Since my first meeting with the large male fox in early February, I had shot a couple of other foxes on the far side of the Estate. Now there was only one week left in the season and I was out again sitting in my stand located at one end of the North meadow. I had climbed the stand quietly one hour before sunrise so as to not disturb the tranquillity of the morning and be ready at sunrise. (In Denmark it is only legal to hunt fox in daylight)
Half an hour before sunrise, I saw a huge fox pass by about 130 yards out in the meadow, and there was no doubt it was the same fox I had seen three weeks earlier. He was trotting along a dike and crossed the creek farther down on a log. I got one more glimpse of him just before he disappeared into the thicket on the other side of the meadow...."Darn!" I exclaimed, "Why couldn’t he have waited half an hour. Then it would be legal shooting time and he would have been toast!"

The last meeting:
It was the 28th of February...the last day of the season. It was now or never. The weatherman had been right. It had snowed all night, and there were still a few flakes in the air when I drove out in the early morning. When I parked my car, however, the snow had stopped.
My rifle this particular day was a Remington Model 700 ADL in Cal .243 Winchester. This is the latest in a series of refurbished rifle projects I have done. I bought it brand new for a song, but did not like the synthetic stock and decided to restock it with my own stock made from Golden Locust with Brazilian Rosewood caps at the fore-end and pistol grip. I turned the rifle into a "Walking Varminter". I polished the bolt and jeweled it, and installed a Mauser steel trigger guard that I had machined to fit, rather than use the aluminum guard that came with the rifle. I also installed a pair of Uncle Mike’s push-button detachable swivels, and finally I had Area Coordinator Henrik Hoyer send me a Jewell trigger set at 10,5 ounces. I built this rifle to complement my trusty "Fox Terminator", a Mauser 98 chambered in .220 Swift, which has never let me down… but I always wanted a Remington to round out my collection.
[Image: Billede2.jpg]
This is the rifle the author customized and used on the large red fox described in this article.

Again, as I made my way to my stand on the edge of the North meadow, I found fox tracks in the fresh snow, and my first thought was that I was too late. I quickly crossed the creek and climbed my stand and was ready at sunrise. It was 7:15 am. During the next two hours all I saw were five roe deer, one of them a large buck with 6 points.
At 9:30 am I saw a fox emerged from the thicket on the far side of the north meadow. It was him! Immediately he began mousing in the tall grass next to the meadow. I estimated the range to him to be about 385 yards. I would prefer him to get a bit closer, but found it too tempting to wait. Up to now, my longest kill on a fox had been 306 yards. The wind was at my back and almost directly towards the fox, so no need to worry about the wind deflection. OK, the fox was preoccupied with mousing and had not spotted me. Noting his behavior, it did not look as if he would get any closer, so I decided to take the shot from where I sat. I had a perfect rifle rest across a huge branch on the large oak tree where my stand was located. I had guessed385 yards and looked at my "cheat card" Eight inches of drop! I waited till the fox was in perfect position, and aimed at a point 4 in above his shoulder. Concentrating on keeping the reticle of my 6.5x20 Leupold (set at 20 power) fixed on that location. I squeezed the trigger, and the fox disappeared in the tall grass at the same time the rifle went off. I waited awhile, looking for any movement. Seeing none, I started walking over to where I last saw the fox, counting every step, and trying to space them an even yard apart. At step number 355, there was the fox. The 58 grain V-Max had hit him high in the shoulder and killed him instantly. He weighed 17 pounds and was in a beautiful undamaged winter coat.

[Image: Atstepnumber355therewasthefox.jpg]
At step number 355 there was the fox!
Svar
Tak for historien Swift.

Man får helt lyst til at skyde mikler....
Og en rangefinder er jo et must - går stadig og venter på min Leupold IV [Wink]

Svar
Super fortælling. Flotte billeder. God skydning. Nu forstår jeg, hvorfor du går under øgenavnet "Sniper" [Wink].

mvh Lars

Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)