Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Remington 700 produktansvar - Tankevækkende
Faldt lige over denne:

Ten years ago last fall, Richard Barber made a promise to his son.

Nine-year-old Gus had just died after being hit by a bullet fired from the rifle his mother was in the process of unloading during a family hunting trip in southwest Montana's Gravelly Mountains.

The rifle was a Remington 700 -- one of the most popular hunting rifles in the country.

Barbara Barber said her finger never touched the trigger when she pointed the rifle away from her family and toward an empty horse trailer. She was positive the rifle fired when she released the safety mechanism.

Tragically, Gus had run to other side of the trailer and into the path of the bullet.

Before the family had a chance to bury their son, the sheriff's office started getting calls from people asking about the model of the rifle after the tragic story found its way into the local press.

One of those callers sent Richard Barber a copy of a 1994 Business Week article that outlined legal challenges Remington was facing from consumers complaining their rifles had fired without them touching the trigger.

Within a couple of days, he started hearing from others about their own similar mishaps with the Remington rifle.

"I was pretty unnerved at that point," he remembered.

Barber contacted Richard Miller, the Missouri lawyer who represented a Texas man who lost a foot after a Remington 700 inadvertently discharged. In that case, Remington was ordered to pay $17 million, including $15 million in punitive damages -- following a six-week trial detailed in the Business Week article.

"The first thing that the lawyer asked me was did Barbara have any cuts (from the trigger guard) on her trigger finger," Barber said. "When I said no, Richard Miller said he believed me."

That same day, Barber went to the funeral home to retrieve his son's pocket knife.

"I promised Gus that day that this was going to end here and now. I told him that I would never be bought and that I would never quit.

"I always keep a promise," he said.

Barber had no idea where that promise would lead.

Last October, CNBC aired the documentary "Remington Under Fire."

The program's producers used internal company documents and interviews to suggest that Remington had been aware of potential safety problems with the popular rifle for more than 60 years.

Many of those documents came from the large archive that Barber has gathered in his decadelong search to uncover the truth about the history of the rifle.

"There's not much that happens on this issue that I don't know about any more," Barber said from his home in Manhattan. "I get phone calls all the time from people with news or additional information that they want to share."

Rows of filing cabinets filled with documents gathered from sources all around the country line the office space where Barber spends long hours studying decades-old internal Remington documents and court depositions before carefully filing them away.

Photographs of his family and Gus hang on the walls.

A mud-splattered folder holds more than 200 cards and letters he received from people following Gus' death offering encouragement. Some included their own accounts of close calls with the rifle.

The folder had fallen in the mud when CNBC producers were filming the documentary.

"That was upsetting," Barber remembered.

By his count, his archive contains more than a million documents and it's still growing.

It includes drawers filled with customer complaints to Remington and internal documents from company employees who designed, tested and approved the trigger system in the Model 700.

"It's a painstakingly slow process to go through them one by one," he said. "At first, I thought I would find the truth somewhere in the middle. For a time, I was even leaning in Remington's favor.

"I'm of the opinion now, that no matter how you slice it or dice it, this is real and this is dangerous. Unless something meaningful happens, these things will be killing our grandchildren's grandchildren."

The documents come to Barber through a number of different sources. At his own expense, he travels the country picking up box loads.

One trip alone, he spent about $3,000 to cover 4,500 miles in five days to pick up a horse trailer filled with boxes of documents from several different sources.

"Like any good investigator, I have developed relationships with people, who in turn give me the documents," he said.

Some of the people are older and no longer have any use for the papers, but they don't want to see the information lost.

"I have come to be referred to as the custodian of the Remington documents," Barber said. "The resources that I have developed over the years are very, very credible."

In a statement following the documentary, Remington said CNBC sensationalized accidents and took the documents out of context to "smear" the company, its employees and the "iconic" Model 700. The company said CNBC "turned a blind eye" to facts provided by Remington.

Remington has always contended their Model 700 is safe, reliable and accurate. The company says it is the most trusted bolt-action rifle in the world.

Over a 50-year span, the company claims it has produced more than 5 million copies of the firearm that has long been the choice of elite shooters from the military and law enforcement communities.

"The men and women who build, own and shoot the Remington Model 700 take great pride in a product that, over the last half century, has set the bar for safety, reliability and performance," Remington said in its official statement to CNBC.

Remington's media office did not return phone calls about this story.

Remington maintains accidents with the Remington Model 700 are the result of either unsafe gun handling, improper maintenance of the weapon or inappropriate alterations made by the gun owner.

"Both Remington and experts hired by plaintiff attorneys have conducted testing on guns returned from the field without a trigger pull, and neither has ever been able to duplicate such an event on guns that have been properly maintained and which had not be altered after sale," said the company's statement.

Remington said if every gun owner followed rules outlined in the "Ten Commandments of Firearm Safety," then no accidental injuries would ever occur.

The commandments include the basic gun safety rule of always keeping your rifle's muzzle pointed in a safe direction. They also state, "Don't rely on your gun's safety."

The problem is, Barber said, "people start with the presumption that a rifle won't fire unless you pull the trigger."

In 2007, Bitterroot Valley residents Jerry Shook and Steve Burson were elk hunting in the West Fork of the Bitterroot.

The men rode horse back to their hunting area where Burson dismounted with his Remington 700 Series rifle to hunt on foot while Shook followed behind with the two horses.

When the two met again, Shook dismounted and stood between the horses while his friend prepared to unload his rifle before putting it into the scabbard of his saddle.

Burson's rifle required that the safety be taken off before it could be unloaded. He aimed the rifle into the air in preparation for ejecting the shells. When he took the safety off, the rifle fired, said court documents filed in the case.

The two horses spooked. Shook was caught in between them. He was knocked to the ground. One horse stepped on Shook's head and fractured his skull.

Shook and his wife, Jeanette, of Darby, sued Remington, saying he had been permanently affected by his injury. The case was later settled and under the terms of a confidentiality agreement, neither the Shooks or their attorney, Howard Toole of Missoula, are allowed to talk about negotiations, terms or amounts in case.

In the lawsuit, Toole said the couple alleged that Remington had known for years that its rifle could inadvertently discharge when the safety is flipped off.

"They didn't take any corrective action for years and years and years," Toole said.

In researching the case, Toole said he learned that Remington defended many of its cases by claiming that gun users were at fault when the rifles fired. The company often claimed the trigger must have been touched after the safety was released.

"That really wasn't much of a factor in this case," Toole said. "No one got shot. The gun was safely being handled. The barrel was pointed in the air. The shooter was experienced: a middle-aged adult with an outfitter's license.

"Remington had no real reason to think that he had touched the trigger. The rifle fired instantly at the moment the safety was taken off. It's what the Remington Model 700 can do and does. That's well understood."

Jerry Shook wasn't even all that close when the rifle fired, but he nearly died, Toole said.

"Remington really had no one else to point the finger at in this case," he said.

The case was eye-opening for Toole.

He learned that Remington has refused to acknowledge a design flaw in its product that has injured people for years. It never offered a recall, nor a major redesign after the company became aware of the safety issue, Toole said.

"Most companies can face the need to make a change in a dangerous product," Toole said. "Remington didn't.

"Part of their approach to this whole question is they don't admit a need to change it," he said. "They don't admit the clear danger that it presents. They don't admit that an inadvertent firing has occurred."

The case left Jeanette Shook disgruntled.

"I don't like their lawyers and I don't like Remington," Jeanette Shook said. "They use all kinds of tactics to keep you quiet. They let you know what could happen if you talk about your case.

"There is supposed to be freedom of speech in this country. They put gag clauses on you and you don't have freedom of speech any more."

Jerry Shook will live with a disability for the rest of his life because of the accident.

"Sometimes he does well and sometimes he does not," she said. "One of his doctors told us that he shouldn't even be alive."

His hunting partner was incredibly upset following the accident.

"We told him that he did nothing wrong. We said it was the rifle, Steve. He didn't know anything about it. He had never heard that were problems. Most people haven't.

"Since it was publicized, you can't believe the number of people who have called us. They all say: I hope you can do something. It's hard to go up against a big company with lots of lawyers."

At the heart of the controversy is a mechanism called a "trigger connector" that was part of a firing mechanism originally patented by Remington engineer Mike Walker in 1950.

The connector is a piece of metal that is mounted on a spring inside the firing mechanism. It is located between the trigger and the metal bar that holds back the firing pin. The metal bar is called the sear.

The trigger connector was designed to smooth out the action of the trigger. It was considered a breakthrough in firearm design because it allowed for a smooth, crisp action at a good price.

Remington maintains that the firing mechanism is safe.

Critics claim that debris or small amounts of rust or a jolt to the rifle can knock the connector out of alignment, which in turn separates the trigger from the firing mechanism. They allege that when that happens, the rifle can fire when the safety or the bolt is operated.

Internal Remington documents in Barber's archive show that Walker proposed a change in his original design to add a mechanism called a trigger block that would have kept the trigger and connector in place when the safety was on.

In 1948, the company's documents indicate the cost for the trigger block would have been an extra 5 1/2 cents per rifle.

Barber's archive includes documents that he believes shows that Walker warned about a "theoretical unsafe condition" involving the gun's safety as early as Dec. 3, 1946.

His archive includes file drawers filled with customer complaints about Remington 700s going off with the trigger being pulled. The company contends that each inadvertent discharge was the result of user error.

A 1975 document showed the company was able to duplicate the fire control problems on a Remington 700 that was returned to the company.

The list goes on and on.

"I'm continually tormented about what to do with all this information," Barber said. "I feel that if I don't do my job, then people die.

"At this point, it's almost unbelievable to me. I know that I'm faced with a credibility issue. Who are people supposed to believe: The oldest gun manufacturer in the U.S. or lowly Richard Barber whose son is dead and has an axe to grind?"

Barber knows that he faces financial risk or other forms of retaliation.

"Don't think that I don't lose sleep over that," he said. "I let the documents speak for themselves ... I want to stay away from the 'he said, she said' kind of thing. The documents are where the tires hit the pavement."

Barber and his family have paid a price for his continued investigation.

Barber sold his successful concrete company and his rental properties to keep money coming in the door as his focus narrowed on learning everything he could about Remington. He endured hate mail and nasty phone calls from people who were convinced he was on an anti-gun crusade.

"This has never been an anti-gun issue," he said "I literally handle a firearm every single day. This has always been a gun safety issue."

For the past five years, Barber has been participating in precision, long-range unknown distance shooting competitions where targets are placed more than a mile away.

With its need for absolute focus, the long-range shooting proved to be a good distraction at times from facts and figures constantly swirling around his mind on the Remington issue.

"It became like a fixation for me," he said. "For a long time, it was all I could think about. Instead of going to work, this became my obsession. All I wanted was to know the truth.

"My daughter didn't have a father. My wife didn't have a companion, someone to talk to. All of this has been a horrendous inconvenience. It has bit into my life.

"I never asked for any of this. I didn't want any of this."

Over the past decade, Barber has been successful in bringing about change.

In 2002, Remington offered a safety modification program that removed a bolt-lock feature on pre-1982 Remington 700s and other rifle models in direct response to Gus' death.

Before the modification, those models required the safety to be in the "on" position before the gun was unloaded. Gus' mother was carrying a rifle with that feature, which fired when she took the safety off.

In 2005, the Gus Barber Antisecrecy Act was signed into law in Montana. The legislation prevents courts from sealing information about potentially defective or dangerous consumer products following lawsuits in state courts.

Barber pushed for the legislation for four years through two legislative sessions.

In 2007, Remington introduced a new firing mechanism for the Model 700 that eliminated the trigger connector.

And then last October, Barber saw many of the documents that he had collected used in a nationally televised program.

At this point, there is no turning back for Barber.

"I believe in accountability," he said. "I believe we are obligated to do something to protect others . If I don't do that, would I be judged by God for what I knew and what I didn't do?"

"That question eats me alive every day," Barber said.

After 11 years, Barber said he still doesn't have all the pieces to the puzzle.

"I'm compelled to keep looking," he said. "I feel I owe that to the public. It's a sense of duty to serve and protect others."

Chanda Barbara was 13 years old when her brother died. She watched her family struggle ever since.

"There has been a lot of sacrifice on the part of my family since then," she said. "It's definitely taken a toll. It's like we're between a rock and hard place or that pebble in the shoe kind of thing."

Her father's years of researching Remington served as a constant reminder of the accident for her mother. And he wasn't there for a lot of her activities through those important teenage years.

Has it all been worth it?

"I think so," she said. "I'm really proud of him. If my dad doesn't finish this, I will. I'm going to law school and I will finish this if he can't. They messed with the wrong family."

"I'm getting balance back into my life now," Barber said recently. "My daughter comes first now. I'm so proud of her."

Barber said he plans to continue to search for the facts that he hopes will eventually lead to the truth.

"As an educator, you have to educate yourself first," he said. "But this isn't my life anymore. It's just what I do."

After all, there is a promise made that needs to be kept.

"Nobody, I mean nobody should have to pay that price," Barber said. "Gus was the bravest person that I've ever known. His death wasn't quick. He suffered, but he never quit and he never cried.

"How could I ever deny that?"

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state ... 25-a6ef-ad5c4b3751ed.html

[Image: ajbutton.gif]
[center][Image: gandalf2.jpg][/center]

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups... and anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups... and anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Svar
Har hørt historien før. Dybt tragisk at konen vælger at aflade en riffel mens hun holder den vandret, og peger mod en hestetrailer, som sønnen er løbet om bagved.

Dybt dybt tragisk. Og dumt. Men i min verden har ulykken ingen sammenhæng med, hvilken riffel der indgik i ulykken. Har selv haft en Sauer 200 som kunne gå af på samme måde. Men det var mig, ikke Sauer eller Remington, der havde ansvaret for i hvilken retning mundingen pegede.

Venlig hilsen Lasse,DTAP
...Buy the best and cry only once.
Hilsen Lasse

... Buy the best and cry once.
Svar
Enig.

Håndter altid et våben som var det ladt.
Hold fingeren fra aftrækkeren indtil du er klar til at skyde
Vær altid klar over hvad der er dit mål, og hvad der er bagved det.
Peg ALDRIG løbsmundingen på noget man ikke er villig til at skyde.

Så KAN det ikke gå galt.

Mvh.LANI

Jeg gider ikke diskutere med folk der bruger argumenter....

STILLE!!! du er bare misundelig over at stemmerne KUN taler til Mig...
Mvh.LANI

Svar
Citat:quote:

Originally posted by Lani

Enig.

Håndter altid et våben som var det ladt.
Hold fingeren fra aftrækkeren indtil du er klar til at skyde
Vær altid klar over hvad der er dit mål, og hvad der er bagved det.
Peg ALDRIG løbsmundingen på noget man ikke er villig til at skyde.

Så KAN det ikke gå galt.

Mvh.LANI

Jeg gider ikke diskutere med folk der bruger argumenter....

STILLE!!! du er bare misundelig over at stemmerne KUN taler til Mig...

har ni aldrig hört om rikochetter
Svar
Naturligvis kan det gå galt selvom man overholder ALLE regler.

Hvis man holder riflen lodret og bevæger den ned mod vandret, så er den jo på et tidspunkt rettet i alle vinkler der er mellem lodret og vandret, og hvis skuddet så går af på et tilstrækkeligt uheldigt tidspunkt, så rammer man altså den person der står 3-4km derfra.

Derudover kan man stadigvæk falde, snuble eller komme ud for andre uheld der medfører et vådeskud - det kan også være omgivelserne der udgør risikoen - hvor fx. en person kommer ind i skudlinjen uventet.

Der er sikkert mange andre eksempler jeg ikke kan komme på lige nu, men hvis der på nogen måde kan fremprovokeres en affyring som ikke burde ske ved den pågældende påvirkning, så skal der naturligvis rettes op på det...

Hilsen Kenneth

-------------------------------------------
The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people don't give a shit that you don't have tattoos.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Jeg vil bekæmpe din mening, men dø for din ret til at have den
Svar
Ka' folk ikke snart lære at købe ordentlige rifler med trepunktssikring á lá Ruger og Winchester hvor selve slagstiften blokeres? Så havde der jo ikke været det skitserede problem!

Mao. køb kvalitet og ikke det billigste skrammel uden ordentligt aftræk og sikring!
Man er vel fra et hjem med gevær ... .

Svar
Så forstår man bedre, hvorfor der kan købes så mange aftermarket dele til Remington[Wink]

Schönauer

Medlem i foreningen til afskaffelse af plastic våben
Schönauer

Det er de små enkle ting i livet
som bidrager til at gøre det meningløst

Svar

Originally posted by Schönauer

Så forstår man bedre, hvorfor der kan købes så mange aftermarket dele til Remington[Wink]

Schönauer

Er der så også et problem med Ruger 10/22 ???

Polarbears walk a lonely path..

But we sometimes do kick back, relaxes and downs a beer. =o)

Svar
Hvor piller hun ved sikringen, når hun aflader? En Remington låser da så vidt jeg husker ikke ladehåndtaget når den er sikret?

Ikke at det forsvarer at riflen i det hele taget kan gå af, når man afsikrer.

Jeg har dog haft mange Remington - både med standard, justerede og aftermarket aftræk. Har aldrig haft en der er gået af, selv om jeg har prøvet at fremprovokere det. Hvis man selv eller en inkompetent våbensmed begynder at pille for meget kan jeg godt forstå hvis man kommer i problemer.

PCP 22., 223rem, 308win, 7mmRM, 9,3x62, 375 H&H
Stort knald = stort smil :-D
Svar

Originally posted by chrstn_olsen

Hvor piller hun ved sikringen, når hun aflader? En Remington låser da så vidt jeg husker ikke ladehåndtaget når den er sikret?

Før 1982 skulle du afsikre Rem 700 for at aflade.
Sporet til låsepalen findes fortsat i bundstykkerne i hvert fald op omkring 2000

--
mvh M@X 2.0
Boltlift - or bust...
[Image: patch7.gif][Image: rav.gif]
Time weighed heavily on the craftsmans shoulders whispering
Compromise!

No true craftsman ever listened!
Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.....

Mvh  M@X 2.1
Svar
Jeg har en af de omtalte Remington's. Var aldrig klar over problemet før en dag min kone skulle til at aflade og et skud gik af og piftede lige forbi den jeep vi havde. Jeg blev selvfølgelig stiktosset, men hun benægtede at have rørt aftrakkeren. Senere laante jeg riflen til en ven og det samme skete for ham.
Paa den Remington naar man sikrede,kunne man samtidig ikke aabne laasen, saa for at aflade skulle man nødvendigvis først afsikre. Ved eftertanke har min kone fortalt mig at den paagaldende dag havde hun ligget i skydestillingog afsikret og sikret et par gange fordi skudmuligheden kom og gik, og da hun saa endelig skulle aflade gik den af.
Hogmeister
Hogmeister
Svar
Kan man ikke sige at Remington har et UDVIDET produkt-ansvar, hvis de har været vidende om et eventuelt problem - men ikke har gjort noget for at udbedre det.?

Jeg er i hvert fald glad for min Rem700 som dog har aftrækkersystem fra deres 40-X serie.
Har prøvet at fremprovokere fejlen, og det er endnu ikke lykkedes mig. Men det er blevet lidt en hobby at efterprøve teorierne med klikpatroner.

Svar

Originally posted by HappyNanoq

Kan man ikke sige at Remington har et UDVIDET produkt-ansvar, hvis de har været vidende om et eventuelt problem - men ikke har gjort noget for at udbedre det.?

Jeg er i hvert fald glad for min Rem700 som dog har aftrækkersystem fra deres 40-X serie.
Har prøvet at fremprovokere fejlen, og det er endnu ikke lykkedes mig. Men det er blevet lidt en hobby at efterprøve teorierne med klikpatroner.

Det er i hvert fald sikkert at passivitet i sig selv kan være ansvarspådragende - der er gode grunde til at de fleste bilfabrikanter er helt fremme i skoene med at tilbagekalde fejlramte biler.

Hilsen Kenneth

-------------------------------------------
The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people don't give a shit that you don't have tattoos.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Jeg vil bekæmpe din mening, men dø for din ret til at have den
Svar
Ja det kræver nok at Remington kan bevise at fejlen ikke forefindes i fabriksnye rifler - men kun hvor folk selv har været inde og pille i aftræksvægt med videre.

Det kan være en forbandet ting, når advokater blander sig.

Tror det var Savage der engang lavede et "mail-in", altså hvor man kunne sende sit gamle aftrækkerhus ind - og modtage et nyt der var opdateret.

Problemet er også, at der er solgt oceaner af Rem700 med det gamle aftrækkerhus som efter sigende skulle have fejlen.
Så det bliver en bekostelig affære at skulle udvikle et nyt aftrækkerhus, og erstatte samtlige aftrækkerhuse.

Har før læst om folk der har skudt hul i bilens sæder/døre, og har brokket sig til Remington - fået tjekket riflen på fabrikken og fået en check retur til udbedring af skaden på bilen sammen med riflen.

Efter min mening burde folk ikke have en rød reje til udbedring af sådanne skader, da det i forvejen er "Unsafe gunhandling".
"Peg ikke på noget du ikke ønsker at ramme!".
Så egentlig er det fint at de giver dén erstatning.

Senest var det en af kammeraterne på et amerikansk forum jeg er med på, som stod i den situation at han havde prikket hul i døren på den modsatte side af bilen.
Husker ikke udfaldet med riflen - men bilen blev repareret.

Svar
Hvad de så overhovedet lavede med en patron i kammeret i bilen, melder historien vel intet om....

PCP 22., 223rem, 308win, 7mmRM, 9,3x62, 375 H&H
Stort knald = stort smil :-D
Svar
Det minder mig om den US bilfabrikant der lavede et regnestykker. Sagen var at de havde lavet en model hvor benzintanken sad udsat og at der derfor i tilfælde af færdseluheld kunne ske det at den lækkede og så flamberede dem der var i bilen. Den kære bilfabrikant regnede nu ud hvad det ville koste at hjemkalde alle bilderne og rette fejlen og hvad det ville koste at betale erstatning til den der brændte ihjel. Da det sidste var det billigste så blev bilerne ikke hjemkaldt.

Uheldigvis for bilfabrikanten så endte regnestykket hos en sagsøger som havde mistet pårørende og da juryen skulle udmåle pønalerstatningen, så satte de da et nul (eller var det to) på det sparrede beløb, for det skal ikke kunne betale sig at spekulere i andre menneskers liv.

Og det er da rigtigt at der i instruktionsbogen til en bil står en masse om at man skal kører sikkert og så videre. Og overholder man dette er sandsynligheden for at man ville være blevet et brandoffer næppe ret stor. Men præcis som med 700'eren og den kære mand som blev trampet i hovedet af en løbsk hest selvom alle sikkerhedsforanstaltninger blev overholdt, så er man ikke altid herre over tingenes udvikling. Sagt med andre ord - jeg finder det HELT rimeligt at man straffes for ikke at gøre folk opmærksom på at ens produkt kan være farligt.

Mvh.

Yeti
Mvh.

Yeti
Svar
Det har ikke en skid med unsafe gunhandling at gøre. Faktum er at et skud gik af naar man afsikrede. Ligegyldig hvor i verden man pegede mundingen, saa hold op med det pladder Happy.....
Hogmeister
Hogmeister
Svar
På youtube ligger der en video, der netop omhandler Remingtons aftrækker problem og som viser at det sker[:0][xx(]

Kan bare ikke finde den lige nu[:o)]

Schönauer

Schönauer

Det er de små enkle ting i livet
som bidrager til at gøre det meningløst

Svar

Originally posted by hogmeister

Det har ikke en skid med unsafe gunhandling at gøre. Faktum er at et skud gik af naar man afsikrede. Ligegyldig hvor i verden man pegede mundingen, saa hold op med det pladder Happy.....
Hogmeister

Ja tak i lige måde.

Våbnet skal ikke pege på ungerne eller andet man ikke ønsker at skyde, når man afsikrer et våben. Om det for at aflade våbnet eller for at skyde.!!

Konstruktionsfejl eller ej.!

Hvis vi kigger på :

The 12 Golden rules for Safe Gun Handling
  • Always treat the gun as loaded.
  • Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
  • Always keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
  • Always keep the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it.
  • Never point the gun at anything you don't intend to destroy.
  • Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
  • Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the gun you are using.
  • Always use proper Ammunition.
  • Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before loading and shooting.
  • If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, hold your shooting position for several seconds; then with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, carefully unload the gun.
  • Don't rely on the gun's safety to keep it from firing.
  • Be aware of your surroundings when handling guns so you don't trip or lose your balance and accidentally point and/or fire the gun at anyone or anything.

Jeff Cooper's regler :
  • All guns are always loaded.
  • Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
  • Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

—The National Rifle Association, The fundamental NRA rules for safe gun handling
  • ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
  • ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
  • ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.

—Canadian Firearms Centre, The Four ACTS of Firearm Safety
  • Assume every firearm is loaded.
  • Control the muzzle direction at all times.
  • Trigger finger off trigger and out of trigger guard.
  • See that the firearm is unloaded. PROVE it safe.

De rødmarkerede er dem jeg ser som OVERTRÅDT.!!

Forklar mig lige.... hvordan har det IKKE med "Safe/Unsafe gunhandling" at gøre.???

Vi er dog enige om at våbnet ALDRIG nogensinde må affyre et skud ved at man afsikrer det - og SLET ikke når en del af afladningen af våbnet, kræver at våbnet afsikres.!

Men derfor kommer "Safe gunhandling" alligevel ind over.

Ethvert våben som man ikke PERSONLIGT har tjekket og set som værende afladte - skal behandles som et LADT våben.
Et våben er ikke afladt, før man selv visuelt har set kammeret og magasinet er tomt. Et våben er IKKE afladt, bare fordi man har påbegyndt at aflade det.

Våbnet må IKKE pege i retning af en hestetrailer som tager en stor del af udsynet. Der kan være mennesker/dyr på den anden side, OGSÅ mennesker som ikke er en del af eget selskab.

Man må ALDRIG stole blindt på at våbnet virker 100% som det var tiltænkt. Fejl sker - specielt hvis nogen justerer våbnet selv, skifter dele, skyder meget(våbnet slides) eller på anden måde er påvirket af fugt/rust/sand/fremmedlegemer.

Svar
At riflen går af utilsigtet, må vel medføre, at Remington ifalder et erstatningsansvar. Så de må altså erstatte værdien af den patron der gik af.

At brugerne vælger at pege på børn, hestetrailere eller biler med et ladt våben kan sku da aldrig blive Remingtons problem. Det fremgår garanteret tydeligt af den brugsanvisning der fulgte med riflen, at man ikke skal pege på sine børn med riflen mens den er ladt.

Det er sørgeligt når det sker, men også trist at så mange mennesker ikke kan erkende sit personlige ansvar når bare der er et stort firma i nærheden man kan sagsøge.

Venlig hilsen Lasse,DTAP
...Buy the best and cry only once.
Hilsen Lasse

... Buy the best and cry once.
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)