Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Remington
Citat:quote:

Remington Hypersonic Rifle
There are those who would argue with me, but I consider Hypersonic Rifle to be Remington’s biggest advancement in the art of ammomaking since the company engineered the bonded version of the legendary Core-Lokt bullet, the Core-Lokt Ultra Bonded (C-LUB). Since the Hypersonic Rifle line is loaded with C-LUB bullets, it combines two of Remington’s greatest rifle/ammo achievements.

What is Hypersonic Rifle ammo? It is a line of ultravelocity big-game ammunition that’s designed to provide up to 200 fps more velocity than standard loads. It’s designed to enable standard cartridges to nip at the heels of the magnums. For instance, the .30-06 travels at .300 Win. Mag. speeds. The line also also pushes the magnums into velocity territories previously occupied only by extraordinary performers, such as the .300 Win. Mag. approaching the velocity of the .300 Weatherby Magnum.

Without being able to draw away the murky veil painted across the mysteries of ballistics R&D and discover definitively the processes used to obtain these high velocities without crossing the acceptable pressure threshold, it appears that Remington uses blended propellants—of special concoctions known only to the developers—to provide a series of pressure peaks, so instead of one propellant type with one peak giving its ultimate push to a projectile accelerating down a barrel, multiple propellants peak in succession, sustaining the period of maximum acceleration over a greater period, thus boosting the projectile to previously unobtainable speeds.

Remington’s Core-Lokt Ultra Bonded bullet is a flatbase design, and though it gives up just a touch of aerodynamics in favor of toughness and forgiveness in the accuracy department, it is an excellent choice. Bonded construction is called for—even needed—to maintain bullet integrity in projectiles impacting at high close-range velocities. Kudos to Remington for pricing Hypersonic Rifle at $26 to $40 per box of 20, depending on caliber. That’s just a short step up from standard Core-Lokt ammo.

My crystal ball is a little foggy on this one, but I don’t see additional projectile types being added to the line for quite a while, if ever. That said, I’d personally like to see Remington add Swift Scirroco II bullets to the mix.

Hypersonic Rifle is initially available in popular calibers from .223 Remington to .300 Win. Mag. As can be seen in the accompanying chart, only .308 and .30-06 are available with more than one bullet weight, both of which can be purchased with either 150- or 180-grain pills. The rest are currently available in one popular weight bullet only, though I suspect that line extensions will broaden those options sometime in the near future.

I haven’t had a chance to shoot any game with Hypersonic Rifle, but I did give three of the loads—.223 Rem., .270 Win., and .300 Win. Mag.—a good workout at the range. The .270 Win. load shot particularly well in the accuracy department, averaging 0.79-inch groups, but it didn’t gain much, if any, over standard-velocity loads. I’m guessing that’s the fault of the 22-inch barrel on my test rifle and that a 24-inch tube would have boosted speeds well above standard.

Likewise, the .223 load, though accurate, didn’t provide the 3,262 fps touted by factory figures. I blame the 20-inch barrel; a 24-inch barrel would raise velocity considerably.

The .300 Win. Mag. load gained a potent 186 fps over the classic 2,940 fps that typical factory loads produce, putting it solidly into .300 Wby. Mag. territory. Barrel length again came into play; the test rifle’s 26-inch tube tends to get the best velocity out of a rifle. Don’t be dismayed by the lackluster accuracy; that rifle is very finicky.

While Hypersonic Rifle ammo is not marketed specifically for whitetail deer hunting, it’s an excellent choice, especially if you tend to shoot long on big Midwestern or Northern bucks. It shoots flat, hits like a ton of bricks, and manages both to expand dramatically and maintain its integrity for deep penetration and blood-spilling exit wounds.

Shooting times

[Image: dralflogoKim1.jpg][Image: Asgrdlogo.gif]
Jeg har nået den alder hvor jeg ved hvad der er værd at vide, og på en god dag kan jeg faktisk huske noget af det
Svar
Nyheder 2014

Jeg har nået den alder hvor jeg ved hvad der er værd at vide, og på en god dag kan jeg faktisk huske noget af det
Svar
R51 update

Svar
Remington 2020
http://shoot2020.com/

Glædelig Jagt fra Grønland

Jesper Rex
If you can't do it with a 30-06, it likely can't be done...(Men det ER nu kedeligt kun med en gøb....(skriver manden med 10+))
Glædelig Jagt fra Grønland

Jesper Rex
If you can't do it with a 30-06, it likely can't be done...(Men det ER nu kedeligt kun med en gøb....(skriver manden med 9+))
Svar
Konverteringsskit mod. 870

Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 2 gæst(er)