Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Bofors EB 5?
Nogle der kender til det krudt og hvad det svarer til af de gængse typer? Jeg kan ikke finde noget om det via google

It's not the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog
It's not the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog

Svar
Smid en e-post til: Sven-Eric Johansson fra http://www.nordicballistics.com
Han er vist en af dem der ved mest om Bofors krudt.
Svar
Er det dig?

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/...3171090702
Svar
Nej, men det er sikkert ham der har spurgt mig i et forum på FB.

Svar
Fandt du/i ud af noget?
Svar
Der kom et svar fra svensken

Hello again,

I think I now have solved the problem with EB 5. EB stands for Enseign-Bickford a company located in Connecticut. This company bought a lot of High Explosives from Bofors in 1970 and later and they wanted to be our distributor of our line of rifle powder around 1978, I think it was. What they was going to do to sell out powder to the manufactures of ammunition in the USA,like Federal, Winchester, Remington and also to smaller factories and they did that until Hercules, nowadays Alliant took over. .I don´t think that EB ever sold the powder in canister for the reloading market.
At that time our Rifle powder line were RP1, RP2, RP3, RP4,RP5 and RP7. I think that this EB5 is our RP5 and it is sold as Norma MRP and also as
Alliant RL22. This batch you have must be between 35-40 years old. The condition of the Powder is very dependent of how it has been stored.
If it has been stored in a relative cold area and under 60 % relative humidity it still could be used as a reloading powder. It is also depending on how the powder has been packed. This powder contains Nitroglycerie and if it is packed in plastic bags, the Nitroglycerie can have migrated into the plastic. I am glad that I was able to remember the story about Enseign- Bickford it was a little bit irritating not to know the meaning of EB.

Best regards,
Sven-Eric

Svar
Stærkt!
At der findes folk med så meget viden og at de gladeligt deler ud af den.
Svar
Det tog ham en uges tid at grave data frem, så jeg kan godt forstå at Google ikke kunne finde noget.
Men fedt at eksperterne vil dele ud af deres viden

Svar
Krudt-arkæologi .... [Big Grin][8D][^]

Cool! [8D]

Hilsner
Dravis aka:FMJ
"Sapere Aude: Dare to KNOW!"
"Do not adjust your mind, there's a fault in reality"
Hilsner
Dravis aka:FMJ
"Sapere Aude: Dare to KNOW!"
"Do not adjust your mind, there's a fault in reality"
"Når to deler et ansvar, så er der to procent til hver"
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)