Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
SCHULTZ AND LARSEN (looking for info)
hello all there,
I hunt in Belgium.
I am interested in the SCHULTZ AND LARSEN Rifles (spec.M97-DL) , but since there are no resellers in Belgium that know the rifle, it is difficult for me to get enough information. I visited their website and I received allready a nice looking brochure, but what I am missing is the opinion of experienced users/hunters like some of you... So, send me information and above all send me your opinion about the rifle, both positive and negative. there is a distributor in France, but not in Belgium ...
Thanks

Karl

Karl111
Svar
I use a M97-DL (cal. 30-06) my self. For the record it is mounted with an S&B Zenith. In general I have been very satisfied with the rifle. It is beautiful and it handles well. It has good balance and a very slick action. It has proven very reliable under normal hunting conditions and very precise as well.
If I have to say something negative ... it would be the magazine. It stands a bit out from the elegant design and it seems to rattle a bit when handled.
Svar
hi, Karl111...

Be advised, that this is a small company that has only 4 employees...

they prefer to sell only finished products... and they have a marked to feed with matchbarrels for the Sauer 200STR rifles...

which means, the day you need a sparepart for your gun, you'r sh*t out of luck...

i waited in vaine for an action that they had, they just needed to take it out from the shelves and ship it to me, and after 17 month with no reply from them, whatsoever, i cancelled my order...

be advised, that the company is not the original, it was taken over, because a bankrupcy was waiting around the corner, because the original company didn't get the contract for the new scandinavian target rifle... which, by the way went to sauer...

it has come so far, that severel well known gunshops here in Denmark, do not wish/want to sell rifles from the company, because of the lack of action they show... (read: they are very slow...)

when all is said and done, i can recommend you to look for an older s&l rifle in U.S.A....

You can get a prime specimen at a favouble price in mint condition...

get a copy of a small magazine called "gun list"...

but you live in a country, that has some of the finest craftsmen/gunsmith in the world... why not let them make your gundreams come true...[?]

finally:

whatever S&L fans has to say... S&L is a waist of time...
because ignorance is bliss...

[Image: skelet025.gif]

Wildcatters does have more fun...

Et æble om dagen holder Doktoren væk...
hvis du kan ramme mig!

Dr. Strangelove

Wildcatters does have more fun...

Dr. Strangelove
Svar
karl111

The S&L rifles are an excellent example of the high degree of quality that Scandinavian riflemanufacturers have become known for. It handles very well, its well made and there no cheap plastic details to ruin the overall impression. In the Scandinavian countries its a sought after and very popular rifle - especially in the version that allows swift change of barrel.
I have shot with a few of these rifles and never had any problems with them, but more importantly I am in close contact to a lot of gun dealers in all the Scandinavian countries and they are all happy to sell these rifles to their customers. It's true that if you want something out of the ordinary production you'll have to wait a bit for it - but this is on the other hand true for every imaginable brand of rifle - and why - by the way - pick something that isnt in the quite broad programme?

[center][Image: gandalf2.jpg][/center]

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups... og skånegripen er en bald eagle!...og...det er muligt, at jeg ændrer holdning, men det rokker IKKE ved det faktum, at jeg har ret! Og jo - jeg har mine problemer med det modsatte af kön....

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups... and anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Svar
Citat:quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove

hi, Karl111...

Be advised, that this is a small company that has only 4 employees...
Not true, you can double that...

they prefer to sell only finished products... and they have a marked to feed with matchbarrels for the Sauer 200STR rifles...

which means, the day you need a sparepart for your gun, you'r sh*t out of luck...
Not true. Most spareparts are shipped the same day. Speciel parts can take a little longer....

i waited in vaine for an action that they had, they just needed to take it out from the shelves and ship it to me, and after 17 month with no reply from them, whatsoever, i cancelled my order...
Doc! Do you own any products from S&L at present time? Are you aware of how things are running today and when did your last visit to "House of S&L" take place?

be advised, that the company is not the original, it was taken over, because a bankrupcy was waiting around the corner, because the original company didn't get the contract for the new scandinavian target rifle... which, by the way went to sauer...
The original question was concerning model 97DL, which has nothing to do with the old models 56,68,100 and a few more.

it has come so far, that severel well known gunshops here in Denmark, do not wish/want to sell rifles from the company, because of the lack of action they show... (read: they are very slow...)
This can have a reason. Maybe S&L only want's to be represented in shops who can give the customer professional advice through educated
staff and not from shops who just want's to sell as many weapons as possible, no matter how many lies they have to tell to make money...

when all is said and done, i can recommend you to look for an older s&l rifle in U.S.A....
Fine! Older S&L are also good rifles, but don't expect you can get any spareparts if you need one. Older parts are rare now...Stick to the 97DL or the "Classic"

You can get a prime specimen at a favouble price in mint condition...

get a copy of a small magazine called "gun list"...

but you live in a country, that has some of the finest craftsmen/gunsmith in the world... why not let them make your gundreams come true...[?]

finally:

whatever S&L fans has to say... S&L is a waist(waste) of time...
because ignorance is bliss...
This is offtopic....

Dr. Strangelove

Doc!! Did you loose any money? Did you pay in advance? Was you promised a fast delievery? The answer is no, no and no.
Period.

--
mvh M@X.
DRALF champion 2005.
The first one ever.

[IMG] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/4...kaLogo.jpg [/IMG][Image: Afslret.jpg]
Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.....

Mvh  M@X 2.1
Svar
Thank you all for your answers.
I am still looking for 'the' hunting rifle that I hope to spend the next (many) hunting years with in the field.
I could make it easy for myself and buy the wellknown BLASER R93 or THE MAUSER M03 or any other high grade rifle in Left Hand version (I am left handed), but I got an instant liking for the S&L M97-DL after reading something about it in a French Hunters Magazine and after finding the website and receiving a brochure.
I am still in doubt, for it would be not an easy choice for me.
It is not an easy choice to consider buying a Rifle that is not sold in my own country (and for that reason has no technical assistance in the Country)...

Karl111
Svar
Sorry but there might be a small problem...

Does S&L make a left handed model 97DL ????

From the very few S&L 97DL's I have handled and shot, my impression is of an extremely well made and well designed rifle.

Like all firearms there are "niggles" little things one could wish were different or maybe "better"

Fact of the matter is: S&L rifles i standard calibres such as 6,5x55 or .308 and so on all shoot extremely precisely with standard factory ammunition (and also hunting ammo)

The S&L bolt-action lock is very fast to operate, and the trigger is (when properly adjusted/set) one of the best I have tried.

Personally i do not like the construction of the magasine much, but this is a personal opinion, not an objective test of the function.

My main dislike of the 97-DL is that it is rather long and heavy, mostly beacuse of the very generously dimensioned receiver.
(I have no doubts that it is exceptionally strong!)
A shorter reciever for the shorter calibres (.308) perhaps with a slightly less "overengineered" receiver would be a most welcome addition to S&L's line
Since S&L's lock in the Barrel, i seems to me that they COULD make an alloy version of the receiver.

Finish on the rifles i have seen vary widely with the price!!

I have seen very finely done checkering on very nice Walnut, but also rather sloppily made checkering on "standard grades"

Steel surface finish have always been very good on the rifles I have seen.

Hilsner
Dravis aka:FMJ
"Sapere Aude: Dare to KNOW!" Nu med .376Steyr
Hilsner
Dravis aka:FMJ
"Sapere Aude: Dare to KNOW!"
"Do not adjust your mind, there's a fault in reality"
"Når to deler et ansvar, så er der to procent til hver"
Svar
I think that you can buy almost everything in left hand version half-stock full-stock, whatever ....
for a fistfull of dollars/euro more ....

Karl111
Svar
Sure you can get a lefty!

I am a "southpaw" too

Consider the "Classic" if the 97er is too heavy. The "Classic" is about a ½ kilo lighter.

--
mvh M@X.
DRALF champion 2005.
The first one ever.

[IMG] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/4...kaLogo.jpg [/IMG][Image: Afslret.jpg]
Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.....

Mvh  M@X 2.1
Svar
does anyone have articles (press or test reviews - on SCHULTZ AND LARSEN hunting rifles) on his/her PC and is willing to send them per email to me?

Karl111
Svar
Karl111

Here a link from a Swedish Weapon Site.

Test of the S & L Classic

http://webnews.textalk.com/se/article.php?id=178080
Mvh. Rex / Guns & Powder
Svar
Here`s an older one (2002), also swedish
Schultz and Larsen

Mvh
Kim

Jeg er ikke fejlfri,men det er så tæt på at det skræmmer mig.
Svar
THANK YOU FOR THE ARTICLES.
NOW I MUST FIND ME SOMETHING TO TRANSLATE THEM....
THE ONLY SWEDISH OR DANISH I KNOW IS WHAT I REMEMBER ME FROM THE SWEDISH COOK IN THE MUPPET SHOW....
(i know there are some translation programs on the internet...)

Karl111
Svar
I have only heard well on the S&L, at least the old models, but
I too have all so heard the protruding gunmakers here in Denmark
has complained about their delivery time.

a humble word from a newbie[:o)]
Hurra for Tikka..Så kan alle være med!!.

376 Steyr..the perfekt solution for a non-excisting problem
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)