Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Advarsel : pas på i Cameroun
An Urgent Warning for Hunters Headed To Cameroon....Plus, A Book Review
(posted February 22, 2006)

If you are headed to Cameroon on a safari, be aware that a significant number of returning hunters who stayed in the Meridien Hotel in Douala and paid for their rooms with a credit card recently are reporting huge unauthorized charges on their cards. One hunter we know says a total of $27,000 was wrongly charged to his American Express card. Another hunter tells me more than $4,000 was wrongly charged to his card. Both American Express and Visa credit cards have been wrongly charged, we understand.

At this writing we have alerted the head of the Meridien Hotel Corporation in London to the rash of charges, and they have promised speedy action. Additionally, we understand American Express has dispatched a special fraud team to Douala to figure out what is going on. While the problem is being sorted out, we advise hunters arriving in Douala to use cash only at the Meridien Hotel. A word to the wise should be sufficient here.

We welcome feedback from any hunters who got caught up in this fraud. Perhaps having all these reports in one location will help any hunters who come under scrutiny from their credit card issuers. You can reach me with your report of fraud at: doncausey@msn.com.

This warning about credit card fraud should not be taken as any more than it is - namely, a warning about one hotel in one city in Cameroon where a credit card ring appears to be operating. Cameroon as a hunting destination remains a wonderful, game-rich country where most safaris come off without a hitch. - Don Causey, Editor/Publisher.

Mvh
Kim

Jeg er ikke fejlfri,men det er så tæt på at det skræmmer mig.
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)