Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Schmidt & Bender til US Marines
Marines Get New Sniper Scope
For the last 25 years, the United States Marine Corps has equipped its snipers with a fixed-power 10X scope made by Unertl Optical Company. But no more. While roaming the aisles at the SHOT Show in February, I saw the Unertl’s successor, which is the Schmidt & Bender PM II LP, and is a 3X-12X variable with S&B’s Gen II mil-dot reticle.

This scope is so big and so complicated that I could not comprehend the thing if I studied it for a month. It was the winner in a competition in which 25 optics companies submitted entries, and it was the only one to meet the Corps’ specifications.

If you would like to get your hands on one, you can join the Corps, go through boot camp where you must qualify as expert with the M-16, and then get into scout-sniper school, which is tough, and graduate, which is even tougher. The Corps will then give you a M40A3 sniper rifle, all 19 pounds of it, lots of match ammo, and a chance to use it where it will do the most good.

Or you can simply pony up $2,849, which is the MSRP for the civilian version of the Marine scope. It doesn’t have USMC on it, and the adjustment turrets revolve in a different direction, but those are the only differences. If any of you buy one, or become a Marine sniper and shoot one, let me know.

fielsandstream

Mvh
Kim

Jeg er ikke fejlfri,men det er så tæt på at det skræmmer mig.
Svar
Railen på den forreste Badgerring er til NV. Bemærk at der klikkes i miliradianer i stedet for MOA, skal det ta's som tegn på at de er ved at komme til fornuft derovre [Big Grin] Som det fremgår af det første billede er doubleturnen forsynet med BDC (om den så er i yards eller meter ved jeg dog ikke).
Canadierne har også fået det udleveret, dog uden doubleturn (man kan sagtens nå 1000-1100 meter uden doubleturn).
[Image: 2298888260085029376hbfwlrph1od.jpg]
[Image: 121693331.jpg]
[Image: 134786316.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0512.jpg]

Amatuers practice till they get it right. Professionals practice till they can't get it wrong.
[IMG] [url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/Intile/Gri5A.jpg[/IMG][/url]
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)