Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Selv piloter må ikke have ammo med i flyet
British pilot arrested in Zim over ammunition

Harare, Zimbabwe

21 April 2006 11:57

A 35-year-old British pilot was arrested and fined in Zimbabwe this week for attempting to take 45 rounds of ammunition onto a London-bound flight, the state-controlled The Herald reported on Friday.

Brett Jason Hamilton, who the paper said is a pilot for British Airways, was arrested on Tuesday after the X-ray machine at Harare International airport detected the ammunition in his luggage.

He was brought before Harare magistrate Faith Mushure on Thursday and fined Z$6-million Zimbabwe dollars ($6) under Zimbabwe's immigration and firearms laws, The Herald said.

"Prosecutor Relaxon Mandizvidza established that on Tuesday this week Hamilton arrived at Harare International airport headed for London in possession of 45 rounds of live ammunition in a bag.

He evaded the customs duty desk and did not declare anything," the report said.

Hamilton's lawyer argued in court that the pilot is a registered hunter in Britain and that the ammunition was for hunting purposes only, the paper said.

Hamilton had a British firearms certificate and did not know that he needed a Zimbabwean one, it added, quoting his lawyer. -- Sapa-dpa

.....når bare man har nok penge og krudt.....så går det ikke aldrig helt galt :-)

Favourite Quote: Vi løser ikke vore problemer ved at tænke på samme måde, som da vi skabte dem.....(Albert Einstein)
.....ualmindelig velinformeret i forhold til min alder ... :-)

Favourite Quote: En humlebi ved ikke, at den ikke kan flyve......Gå ud på terrassen og vift med armene...hvis du letter må du være uvidende ;-)
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)