Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Tagging og bag-limits er alvorligt ment!
Hunter fined $10,000 for not tagging whitetail buck
BY MICHAEL PEARCE, The Wichita Eagle

In U.S. District Court on Wednesday, a Colorado hunting guide was fined $10,000 for not tagging a whitetail buck he shot during the 2000 firearms deer season.

Fred Mau, a booking agent from Penrose, Colo., pleaded guilty to shooting a buck and not tagging it because he deemed it too small. A few days later he shot and illegally tagged a 160-inch buck.

Mau was hunting near Emporia. Law enforcement officials recovered the remains of the smaller buck, which Mau had dumped in the woods.

As part of his punishment, Mau can not hunt anywhere within the U.S., or be involved in the guiding industry, for three years.

Deadline nears -- Thursday is the deadline to apply for several dozen limited-draw hunts to be held across Kansas this fall.

The hunts range from dove to deer, and often allow sportsmen access to prime areas otherwise closed, such as on refuges or state parks. The hunts are free.

Depending on the area, some may only be open to youth, disabled or archery hunting.

To review and apply for the special hunts, go to http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us, click on hunting, then special hunts.

Rare catch -- A Wichita teen caught a more than he expected when he hauled an albino channel catfish from the Arkansas River last Sunday.

Doug Tate, 16, said he was at one of his favorite fishing holes near his home at 29th and Amidon when the catfish struck his bait of chicken livers.

Fishing after dark, Tate wasn't sure what he'd hooked until he had it in-hand.

"It was so light colored out there splashing I thought it was a small carp," he said. "When I got it out of the water it was easy to tell what it was."

Low-resolution pictures showed the fish to be nearly pure white with pink eyes.

It was one of eight channel cats Tate kept that evening, though the albino probably weighed less than a pound.

"It was really little and skinny," Tate said, "I'd have turned it loose but it was (mortally hooked.)"

Doug Nygren, Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks fisheries chief, said wild-occurring albino catfish are rare, though some commercial fish growers raise white-strains of catfish.

Tate plans on eating all of the catfish he caught last Sunday at a fish fry.

.....nu OGSÅ ejer af en 243win :-)

Favourite Quote: Vi løser ikke vore problemer ved at tænke på samme måde, som da vi skabte dem.....(Albert Einstein)
.....ualmindelig velinformeret i forhold til min alder ... :-)

Favourite Quote: En humlebi ved ikke, at den ikke kan flyve......Gå ud på terrassen og vift med armene...hvis du letter må du være uvidende ;-)
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)