Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
USA har sin egen Villy Søvndal ved navn Greens
Greens aim to end shoot
MADELINE HEALEY
June 13, 2006

THE 2006 duck hunting season ended yesterday and if Greens candidate for Western Victoria Province Marcus Ward has his way it will be the last season.

But Macarthur hunter Brian Wythe said the season was absolutely necessary to keep duck numbers under control, for sport and for killing ducks to eat.

Mr Wythe said he had been shooting ducks for the past 35 years.

``My grandfather used to do it, I do it now and my son's doing it now.''

While the dry weather had meant less ducks had migrated to the region this year Mr Wythe said he had still been able to catch his bag limit.

``We've been getting our bag limit quite a few weekends around Macarthur and Yambuk,'' he said.

Mr Wythe said duck hunting was enjoyable and also gave him the chance to make use of his dog, which made sure a duck was never left behind and wasted.

``You don't go for a thrill kill you go for the sport and because you enjoy eating them,'' he said.

Mr Ward said if elected he would make the Bracks Government adhere to its policy to stop duck hunting.

``The ALP has had a policy since 1991 to end duck hunting in Victoria and they don't act on it,'' he said.

``Any member of Parliament can put a bill, all you need is someone to second it. This forces the ALP to act on their policy or do an embarrassing backflip.''

Mr Ward said it was cruel to shoot native animals.

``There is no hunting season on native species in Victoria. The only anomaly is six species of native duck which are allowed to be shot during the duck season.

``The Greens feel killing things for fun in 2006 is not what should happen.''

.....nu OGSÅ ejer af en 243win :-)

Favourite Quote: Vi løser ikke vore problemer ved at tænke på samme måde, som da vi skabte dem.....(Albert Einstein)
.....ualmindelig velinformeret i forhold til min alder ... :-)

Favourite Quote: En humlebi ved ikke, at den ikke kan flyve......Gå ud på terrassen og vift med armene...hvis du letter må du være uvidende ;-)
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)