Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
T-Zone system replaced by heard control units
DNR to Replace Zone T System with Herd Control Units
Wisconsin Ag Connection - 06/13/2006

Hunters reading the deer hunting regulations for the upcoming 2006 season will find at least one new term in use. Department of Natural Resources wildlife managers are now using 'Herd Control Units' in place of Zone T to describe deer management units with special hunting regulations intended to reduce deer populations.

"Herd control more accurately describes the management objective in these deer management units," said Keith Warnke, chief DNR deer ecologist. "I think it's a positive move toward consistency and clearer communications."

In the past, Zone T was used to identify DMUs where biologists determined that a traditional hunting season would not bring the unit to within 20 percent of its population goal. From this season on, these will be designated as Herd Control units.

To give hunters the tools to help bring overpopulated units toward goal, each archery and gun deer hunting license purchased in 2006 will come with one free antlerless carcass tag good in Herd Control and Earn-a-Buck units. Additional antlerless tags will be available for Herd Control and EAB units over-the-counter for $2 each.

Outside of the CWD management zones, 54 of Wisconsin's 130 DMUs are designated as Herd Control and 21 DMUs are in Earn-a-Buck in 2006.

This will also be the first year that hunters will be able to use their Earn-a-Buck prequalification, Warnke says. Hunters who registered an antlerless deer last fall in a unit designated as Earn-a-Buck this year will be receiving their buck harvest authorization in the mail later in the summer. The prequalification program is in place again this season.

.....nu OGSÅ ejer af en 243win :-)

Favourite Quote: Vi løser ikke vore problemer ved at tænke på samme måde, som da vi skabte dem.....(Albert Einstein)
.....ualmindelig velinformeret i forhold til min alder ... :-)

Favourite Quote: En humlebi ved ikke, at den ikke kan flyve......Gå ud på terrassen og vift med armene...hvis du letter må du være uvidende ;-)
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)