Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Flygtningebjørn set i Tyskland
Jun 17, 2:48 PM EDT

Germany's Fugitive Bear Spotted Twice

World Video

BERLIN (AP) -- A brown bear that has been wandering around southern Germany and Austria was spotted twice overnight in the center of a Bavarian lakeside resort but eluded trackers, authorities said Saturday.

A man walking his dog reported seeing the bear in Kochel am See late Friday, according to Bavaria's state environment ministry. About 90 minutes later, the bear was seen walking past a cafe, spokesman Roland Eichhorn said.

The 220-pound bear killed a hare and a guinea pig early Saturday, and a beehive was reported destroyed, Eichhorn said.

A Finnish team with hunting dogs that has been trying to capture the bear alive was able to confirm that the animal did the damage, but the dogs lost his scent in heavy rain.

The bear - officially named JJ1, but dubbed Bruno by the media - ambled into Germany last month from northern Italy, where he was part of a program to reintroduce brown bears to the Alps.

Though Bruno is the first wild bear seen in Germany since 1835, he has been an unwelcome visitor because he has killed dozens of livestock and approached homes. Authorities say his lack of shyness could make him dangerous to humans.

He has so far killed about 25 sheep, four goats and many rabbits and chickens seized from farmyards.

The Bavarian government initially authorized the shooting of the animal, prompting an outcry from animal rights activists.

captured, Bruno is to be released in a nature reserve near Munich or returned to Italy.

.....nu OGSÅ ejer af en 243win :-)

Favourite Quote: Vi løser ikke vore problemer ved at tænke på samme måde, som da vi skabte dem.....(Albert Einstein)
.....ualmindelig velinformeret i forhold til min alder ... :-)

Favourite Quote: En humlebi ved ikke, at den ikke kan flyve......Gå ud på terrassen og vift med armene...hvis du letter må du være uvidende ;-)
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)