Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Remington 1100 Competition
[Image: action.jpg]
Since its introduction in 1963, the Model 1100 has been built in numerous purpose-specific configurations, from Skeet to Magnum Duck and Deer, each with attributes tailored for the intended use. With the Model 1100 Competition, the same holds true. The first obvious departure from the standard model is its racy, nickel-plated steel receiver with polished side panels, a non-glare top and matching bottom radius—a functional and cosmetic feature. The receiver provides a sharp-looking contrast to the blued trigger plate and barrel; however, the inherent shine from its finish eliminates the gun’s usefulness for most types of hunting. Then again, it wasn’t designed for that purpose. Engraved in large letters below the ejection port is the word “Competition”—an obvious denotation of the gun’s function. The bolt also wears adornments, two parallel lines with three circles in between, adding to the gun’s dressy appearance.

[Image: model1100.jpg]
Instead of the plain, walnut buttstock and fore-end typically found on most production guns, the Competition wears beautiful, semi-fancy American walnut with a hi-gloss finish and generous checkering. Moderately to highly figured walnut generally weighs more than standard fodder, adding mass to the gun and contributing to lighter recoil. The finish is a tad too shiny for the wary eyes found in the hunting woods, but it will certainly draw attention from onlookers at the range. Another accent is the black grip cap with the Remington Arms “RA” logo in the center. The Competition is available with either a standard or adjustable comb buttstock. To help lessen felt recoil the Competition has a Remington
R3 recoil pad.
The Competition functions much like previous Model 1100s, with the exception of its gas ports, which are slightly larger in diameter than those found on standard models. This ensures reliability with lighter loads. Additionally, all moving parts on the Model 1100 Competition are honed and plated with a co-deposit of electroless nickel and Teflon. These parts include the magazine tube, action bars, inertia sleeve, action springs, action tube and plunger, hammer, sear, trigger and carrier release.

The Model 1100 Competition uses Remington’s new forward-threaded ProBore choke tubes, which extend past the end of the muzzle for easy removal without a wrench. Constriction is indicated by the number of lines circumscribing the choke’s knurling.
The Competition’s barrel is forward-threaded to accept Remington’s new extended, stainless steel ProBore screw-in choke tubes. ProBore choke tubes are not interchangeable with RemChoke tubes and do not require a wrench for removal. Each choke can be easily checked for constriction without removal by the number of circumferential lines on its end. Five ProBore choke tubes—skeet, improved cylinder, light modified, modified and full—are included with the Competition. The 30-inch barrel has an overbored, .735-inch bore diameter and a wide, 10-mm target-style rib with a steel mid-bead and an ivory front bead. Overboring the barrel increases its internal volume, giving propellant gases more room to spread and a less-violent push, reducing recoil. The larger bore diameter also means fewer deformed pellets, resulting in more consistent patterns.
Trigger pull weight on my test gun was 7 pounds, 10 ounces, decent for a shotgun trigger. However, slowly easing the trigger revealed an amazingly high amount of creep, which almost made me wonder if it was going to break at all. Overtravel, though, was virtually nonexistent. The Competition’s push-button safety, like previous Model 1100s, moves left for fire and right for safe, with the left position revealing a red line.
Time spent at the range with the Model 1100 Competition was a joy. Over the course of an evening I used it for a round of trap and then sporting clays. Although the Competition technically could be used for skeet, it is not the best choice because of its barrel length.
When shooting trap, I found the gun pointed naturally and shouldered without snag. I did encounter one problem though. Because the stock did not fit me properly, the gun patterned high, requiring me to compensate by holding several inches below the clay target to hit it. If I had the adjustable-comb version of the Competition, I could have tweaked the stock for a better fit.
Sporting clays is a much truer test of a gun’s capabilities than other shotgunning disciplines. After finishing the 50-shot course I felt like I hadn’t shot at all. The recoil-reducing features built into the Competition significantly helped tame kick. The advantage of using this gun will be realized by competitive shooters out on the range all day, where shooting hundreds of shells is a common occurrence.

The electroless nickel-plated finish on the Competition’s receiver and bolt adds an elegant contrast to its blued barrel and trigger plate. Nickel not only makes the base metal stronger, but also provides corrosion resistance, both important for frequently handled and shot competition guns.

As for the ProBore screw-in choke tubes, there were both pros and cons with their design. Being able to change choke tubes without a wrench is a definite plus. With this design there are no worries about losing the wrench or having to compromise and use a quarter to switch tubes. However, after every four or five shots I had to retighten the choke, as it continuously backed out. Subsequently, Remington gunsmiths informed me that the test gun I had was pre-production and this problem has since been resolved.
While I did experience three failures to eject, all with the same 11#8260;8-ounce light target load, Remington reassured me the failure rate of the Model 1100 Competition with even the lightest loads is incredibly small—less than 1 percent. The company calculated this using 10 guns with more than 1,000 rounds from various manufacturers shot both during lab and range testing. The failures I experienced could have resulted from the ammunition or a dirty gun, or possibly a combination of the two.
Regardless of whether you are a recreational or competitive shooter, you will be hard pressed to find a soft-shooting shotgun with all the features of Remington’s Model 1100 Competition.

.....nu OGSÅ ejer af en 243win :-)

Favourite Quote: Vi løser ikke vore problemer ved at tænke på samme måde, som da vi skabte dem.....(Albert Einstein)
.....ualmindelig velinformeret i forhold til min alder ... :-)

Favourite Quote: En humlebi ved ikke, at den ikke kan flyve......Gå ud på terrassen og vift med armene...hvis du letter må du være uvidende ;-)
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)