Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Retten i England: Forbud mod jagt m. hunde lovligt
Pro-hunt campaigners loose another fight

The Countryside Alliance and other pro-hunt campaigners have lost their latest legal bid to overturn the Government's ban on hunting with dogs.

Banned: hounds on the Beaufort hunt
They asked the Court of Appeal to rule that the ban in England and Wales breached the European Convention on Human Rights and infringed EU trading and employment laws.

But three appeal judges upheld a High Court ruling that it was lawful.

Master of the Rolls Sir Anthony Clarke, Lord Justice Brooke and Lord Justice Buxton said imposing the ban was a "legitimate and proportionate" exercise of Government powers.

The courts have already dismissed the constitutional challenge to the 2004 Hunting Act, which prohibits fox hunting, deer hunting and hare coursing with dogs in England and Wales.

After the ruling, Brian Friend, secretary of the Liberal Democrat Forum for the Countryside, commented: "I am disappointed, but it was not unexpected.

"It does seem that human rights are applied to some people in this country and not to others."

He vowed to take the case on to Europe, adding that he would "never give in".

.....nu OGSÅ ejer af en 243win :-)

Favourite Quote: Vi løser ikke vore problemer ved at tænke på samme måde, som da vi skabte dem.....(Albert Einstein)
.....ualmindelig velinformeret i forhold til min alder ... :-)

Favourite Quote: En humlebi ved ikke, at den ikke kan flyve......Gå ud på terrassen og vift med armene...hvis du letter må du være uvidende ;-)
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)