Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
USA: Måske mere andejagt i Clintons hjemby
Ark. panel decision could mean more duck hunting days

The Associated Press

LITTLE ROCK — A proposed rule change by the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission could give duck hunters more days in the field in years marked by low waterfowl populations, a spokesman for the commission said Friday.

The commission endorsed a plan to split the state into two waterfowl management zones through 2011. Whether Arkansas hunters notice a difference depends on decisions by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

The federal agency monitors waterfowl populations and in recent years has allowed 60-day seasons in Arkansas, commission spokesman Keith Stephens said.

If the federal agency tells Arkansas to impose shorter seasons to avoid wiping out the birds, the two-zone system would allow hunters to pick up more hunting days than they otherwise would, Stephens said. The timing of the seasons in the two zones would overlap, and hunters could get more hunting days by traveling to the other zone to hunt, Stephens said.

Stephens said he doubts the arrangement will damage waterfowl populations.

"You're not going to have 100,000 hunters hunt in both zones for as many days as you can," he said. The point of the proposed rule change is to offer hunters the opportunity to hunt, he said.

Arkansas plans to present the two-zone plan to the Mississippi Flyway Council in July, and the interstate group will likely approve it, Stephens said. The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission would then vote to formalize the arrangement in August.

.....nu OGSÅ ejer af en 243win :-)

Favourite Quote: Vi løser ikke vore problemer ved at tænke på samme måde, som da vi skabte dem.....(Albert Einstein)
.....ualmindelig velinformeret i forhold til min alder ... :-)

Favourite Quote: En humlebi ved ikke, at den ikke kan flyve......Gå ud på terrassen og vift med armene...hvis du letter må du være uvidende ;-)
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)