Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Small calibre news
Here is a magazine from the USA dealing in small calibers...www.smallcalibernews.com ...some good articles on the 20 caliber and 17 calibers...Eric
Soldt all my guns...I'm entering priesthood..:-))
Svar
Hi Eric

I see you are very satisfied with the smallbore rifles.

Unfortunately they are not allowed to be used i DK, for any hunting [V]

Even though they are very effective on crows, foxes, etc., we can't use them to anything but targetshooting ...

.22 cal. is minimum here [xx(]

Best regards /Clax

K&B Clax [Wink]
Tidligere nordisk mester i kombineret træskodans
The first dane ever ...
[Image: hunt-an3.gif]

Er mere til Guns end roses ... Cum insantientibus fuere necesse est [Image: 0d035906.jpg]
K&B Claxel Wink

Svar
Hi Clax....
Thanks for your reply...the small calibers are becoming more popular with alot of shooters in the states. There are several reasons...Hornady's .17HMR is talk of rimfire shooters everywhere in this country..advancements in powders and bullets have contributed to more interest in small cals. The .204 Ruger is becoming popular with Varmint hunters/shooters...with many new .20 cal bullets by Berger,Sierra,Hornady and Nosler..also noise and recoil levels are much less...we're finding people{ non hunters} are'nt upset by rifle blast in more populated areas. Shooters like me get more" bang for the buck" so to speak as reloading is much less expensive than the larger calibres... I still shoot the .270 and 7mm STW on hunts to Quebec for Caribou and Deer hunting around my home area in Northern Michigan...best reguards.... Eric
Svar
These small calibre guns are extremely interesting - also in Denmark where we cant use them presently due to bad legislation. They have enough firepower to cleanly kill game up to the size of foxes at ranges well beyond 100 meters. As you write they have a very limited muzzlereport and recoil in combination with incredible accuracy. But the best feature in my mind lies in the safety potential of these little pipsqueeks. Both the risk of richochets and the lethality of projectiles falling from the sky is practically zero, thus making these calibres the perfect choise for pestcontrol in densely populated areas (all of Denmark is densely populated).

We'll just have to change the legislation!

[center][Image: gandalf2.jpg][/center]

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups... and anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups... and anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Svar
Hej..Claxel and Hogh..... The use of calibres smaller than .22 centerfire is only for small game..varmints and preditors here in the states. Big game such as Deer and Elk require .22 centerfire or larger...some states 6mm or larger is the law...The 17s and 20{5mm} calibres are great little rifles what they're intended for..small animals...There are a few shooters playing around with the .19 calibres...apparently our military was looking at the .19 calibres along with .20 cals to replace the .223 round..so wild catters picked up on these cals for varmints and general shooting etc...and of course the .204 Ruger has made the .20s even more popular here...Remington is comming out with .17 Fireball next year...I'm waiting to see if their round will chamber in a Cooper .17 mach1V Varmint I have...talk is Remington will change the shoulder angle slightly to handle any feeding problems with the 700 Remington...we'll know soon....Eric
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)