Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
.17 Ackley Hornet..maybe no interest.
I know small caliber wildcats are not of much interest..but I
thought maybe a few here would be. This billede is a "fireform group" @ 100yds.The CZ 527/Pac-Nor match barrel rifle looks to be
a shooter.The lower groupings are scope windage and elevation adjustments...upper 3 shot group is final adjustment to the 6x18 Nikon scope.
I think groups will tighten up when I use the finished fireform casings,but groups are pretty good now even with fireform loads.
I'm hoping this match grade/varmint weight barrel will shoot "bug holes" at 100yds..groups now are running about 1/2 or less.
There's a faint circle on the orange target dot.I took a US dime about 5/8 of an inch diameter and drew the outline of this coin
to show relative size of this upper group.The orange circle is 1 inch.
Load data for fire forming is Accurate Arms 1680 powder 12.5 grs ,20gr Hornady V Max bullet i Winchester 22 Hornet casings and Federal small rifle primers....thought I would try some Vit Vour N 120 in this rifle also,1680 is a little clean burning as n 120 would be.

Mvh..Eric

[Image: 314412e.jpg]
Soldt all my guns...I'm entering priesthood..:-))
Svar
Hi Eric!

I have been thinking al lot about .17 caliber, since they will soon be legal for hunting in Denmark (changes in the law are not always for the worse[Smile]

Some kind of single shot in a reloadable .17 cal is high on my wish list..

Your .17 Ack. Hornet looks just the thing!
[:p]

Hilsner
Dravis aka:FMJ
"Sapere Aude: Dare to KNOW!" Nu med .376Steyr
Hilsner
Dravis aka:FMJ
"Sapere Aude: Dare to KNOW!"
"Do not adjust your mind, there's a fault in reality"
"Når to deler et ansvar, så er der to procent til hver"
Svar
Hej Dravis

Yes ..I had read that somewhere here in one of the forum postings that Danmark was going to approve the .17 calibre.[^]
I do not know if Thompson Center rifles are available i DK ,but
over here shooters are using custom barrels made by Bullberry barrel company for many of the .20 cal-5mm wildcat and .17 wildcat cartridges. These are a specialty barrel made for the Thompson Center single shot rifle...very accurate rifle.
I have shot and loaded for many larger calibres..but the little .17s
are fun to plink away with and use to small game hunt with.[Smile]

Mvh..Eric
Soldt all my guns...I'm entering priesthood..:-))
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)