Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Ruger laver 2 rifler i cal. 375 Ruger
Sturm, Ruger Announces an Exciting New Cartridge and Rifles
- Coming Soon -
The .375 Ruger Bolt Action Rifles
August 15, 2006
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE:RGR) President Steve Sanetti, Hornady President Steve Hornady, and their respective design staffs have again collaborated in the creation of one of the most practical, useful, and hard-hitting new cartridges – the NEW .375 Ruger cartridge, chambered in two new Ruger bolt action rifles.

It is anticipated that these new Ruger rifles, and the new Hornady ammunition for them, will be available in quantity during the first quarter of 2007.

The Ruger “Alaskan” model in the NEW .375 Ruger cartridge is a bold departure in weather-resistant brush guns for large and dangerous game. The stylish Ruger “African” version, also chambered for this new Hornady–developed cartridge, will set new standards for African big game rifles.

So many rumors have been spreading about this exciting new cartridge and the Ruger rifles for which it was designed that Sturm, Ruger felt it necessary to confirm them. A new era of strikingly efficient rifles for dangerous game will be coming soon.

Precise specifications will be released just as soon as details of production ammunition and rifles are finalized. We anticipate this will occur early in 2007. Please watch for future announcements from Hornady and Ruger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sturm, Ruger is the nation’s leading manufacturer of high-quality firearms for recreation and law enforcement, and a major producer of precision steel and titanium investment castings components for consumer industries. Sturm, Ruger is headquartered in Southport, CT, with plants and foundries located in Newport, NH and Prescott, AZ.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. “Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens”®

Lidt gætteri,lidt facts og et par billeder af den lille ny
[Image: 375RugerHeadstamp.jpg]
Evidently, Ruger and Hornady have embarked on another journey of discovery in the world of "new" cartridge design. Unfortunately, the information leaked and was then stopped and removed from all of the e-reports and articles. I have scrounged some photos and a few words that should whet the appetites of those of us who like new cartridges and more importantly, new brass for wildcats. Here is the news release that was allowed:

HORNADY
Wayne Holt of Hornady also had some new for 2007 items for us to look at and after the presentation he told me that I could share all of it with the online reading audience. So for about two hours I sat patiently through the rest of the day's presentations, formulating in my head how to present this mountain of info. While I was planning my day four write-up, Hornady Marketing guru Neil Davies started to chew on Holt's ear about how he didn't think it was a good idea to let the information out at this point. So after lunch, with a smile on his face, Neil informed me that I can only report on the .375 Ruger, the new for 2007 round that Hornady is manufacturing.

[Image: 375ruger-3.jpg]

New for 2007, Hornady Ammunition's .375 Ruger.

The .375 Ruger features a standard magnum bolt face (not rebated - me), is reported as being the smoothest feeding magnum to date and will be available in 270-gr. SP, 300-gr. IB and 300-gr. FMJ.

The round has been field tested by Craig Boddington in Africa with great success. Boddington killed a hippo and two water [sic] buffalo with the round.

Look for a future in-depth review in a Primedia publication.

Seemingly, there are some similarities to a couple of existing cartridges from which we could derive some additional information. The most common would be the .375 Dakota with the exception of rim and body diameters:

[Image: 375_Dakota.jpg]

It also resembles the .376 Steyr in shape but not in size. The rim as pointed out will be a standard magnum rim of .532" diameter and the head using the same size rather than having the rim rebated like the RUMS. The case capacity should be in the neighborhood of the Dakotas, something like 90.0 grains or thereabouts. The case length is supposed to be compatable with the standard length actions, about 2.500" long approximately. This is then also comparable to cartridges such as the 8x68S and the 9.3x64 Brenneke. It is beltless for those that ask.

Steve Hornady was using the 375 Ruger on Cape buffalo 7/27 on Tracks Across Afrika with Craig Boddington.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manson Reamers says:
Thanks for your inquiry. I apologize for being so long in responding--we looked into the new 375 Ruger extensively and discovered that authoritative specifications will not be available for several months. When they are, reamers and gages for the caliber will be priced as follows: finish reamer--$165.00 (solid pilot) or $195.00 (removable pilot); headspace gages--$50.00 each, plus shipping charges.

Mvh
Kim

Jeg er ikke fejlfri,men det er så tæt på at det skræmmer mig.
Svar
Hej alle og i særdeleshed .375ras [Smile]
Jeg fandt lige denne gamle tråd, og lurer lidt
på, om nogen har erfaring med denne "nye" patron?
Hvis den holder, hvad den lover,er det en
spændende nyhed. Og .375ras: husker jeg helt
forkert, at der var en artikel i et blad, om din
.375ras? Der var noget med en "tør hoste" og
hele udviklingsarbejdet var nøje beskrevet.
Kan du uddybe?, og evt be- eller afkræfte min begyndende
demens light? Og dine erfaringer, tak.
Ja med .375eren, forstås [Big Grin]

MVH Anders
Jagt og riffelskydning er ikke et spørgsmål om liv eller død, det er væsentligt mere vigtigt!
Svar
Citat:quote:

Originally posted by 300win

Hej alle og i særdeleshed .375ras [Smile]
Jeg fandt lige denne gamle tråd, og lurer lidt
på, om nogen har erfaring med denne "nye" patron?
Hvis den holder, hvad den lover,er det en
spændende nyhed. Og .375ras: husker jeg helt
forkert, at der var en artikel i et blad, om din
.375ras? Der var noget med en "tør hoste" og
hele udviklingsarbejdet var nøje beskrevet.
Kan du uddybe?, og evt be- eller afkræfte min begyndende
demens light? Og dine erfaringer, tak.
Ja med .375eren, forstås [Big Grin]

MVH Anders

Hej Anders.

Den dur.

Jo, rugeren er en næsten identisk kopi af RAS, hvilket såvel Hornady som Ruger måtte erkende på IWA messen, men det gør ingen ting. Nu er det blot langt lettere at få hylstre.

Ydelsesmæssigt ligger RAS og Ruger helt på linie med Lolland & Lolland, blot kan de begge gå i en standard låselængde, men på grund af de skarpe skuldre og den korte, fede patron, så fungerer den gamle altså bedre.

Med venlig hilsen

375ras

Rigtige autister har deres eget kaliber.
Svar

Originally posted by 375ras

...men på grund af de skarpe skuldre og den korte, fede patron, så fungerer den gamle altså bedre.

Fungerer H&H bedre????

[center][Image: gandalf2.jpg][/center]

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups... and anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups... and anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Svar
Tak,så er det ikke helt galt endnu [Wink]
Fårstår jeg det ret, er fødningen bedre
med H+H ? Og kan du fireforme .375 ruger
til .375ras? eller skal der kamres om?

MVH Anders
Jagt og riffelskydning er ikke et spørgsmål om liv eller død, det er væsentligt mere vigtigt!
Svar

Originally posted by 300win

Tak,så er det ikke helt galt endnu [Wink]
Fårstår jeg det ret, er fødningen bedre
med H+H ? Og kan du fireforme .375 ruger
til .375ras? eller skal der kamres om?

MVH Anders

@ Høgh.
En lang slank patron glider lettere op fra magasinet og ind i kammeret, da vinklen bliver meget mindre. Endvidrer har den ikke de stejle skuldre som støder mod forkanten af magasinet.

@ 300 Win.

jeg har kun haft en 375 Ruger patron i hånden på messen, men jeg er overbevist om, at en tur i mit dieset for at placere skuldrene og en gang fireformning, så er den på plads.
Hvis ikke, så fortsætter jeg med at omforme fra 8x68S, selv om det er noget kedeligt arbejde, men da der ikke er nogen strækning af hylstrene, holder de til rigtig mange genladninger.

Venlig hilsen

375ras

Rigtige autister har deres eget kaliber.
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)