Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Balls of Steel
Sakset fra et amerikansk forum - jeg tror at gutten har mange penge!!!!
Citat:quote:

I wanted to see if one of my S&B's could stand up to a little rough housing today and if the USMC, SOCOM, US Navy, USCG, FBI HRT, and David Tubbs were somehow not smart for using S&B. The S&B I used was a 3-12X50 PMIILP w/ GenII Mildot, essentially the same optic as the first run M8541's minus the USMC designation, SN, and NSN on the ocular bell. I sank, beat, threw, dropped, and dragged the optic, putting it through as much as I was willing to do it. Before that though I marked on a target 39 yards away that was 1 mil in elevation and 1 mil left from a POA.
[Image: IMG_4263.jpg]

First on the agenda was a submersion test in 3ft of water for two hours dropped from approximately 2-3 ft.
[Image: IMG_4276.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4280.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4286.jpg]
The recovery after two hours:
[Image: IMG_4294.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4307.jpg]
Sorry the reticle was blurry but there was no water inside:
[Image: IMG_4309.jpg]

Hammering tent stakes, sorry no nails..all I had were tent stakes:
[Image: IMG_4330.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4346.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4402.jpg]

It's getting ready to do it's Superman thing:
[Image: IMG_4403.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4406.jpg]
It landed ocular first with the flip up open, dirt was inside but no scratches to the lens
[Image: IMG_4410.jpg]
There it goes again:
[Image: IMG_4417.jpg]

Drop from 8 ft give or take onto a concrete and gravel mix:
[Image: IMG_4432.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4435.jpg]
This time turret down:
[Image: IMG_4442.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4445.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4446.jpg]

And my favorite...now that I think about it, this was risky as all get out:
[Image: IMG_4449.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4451.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4456.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4459.jpg]
There goes a flip cap:
[Image: IMG_4470.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4474.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4480.jpg]
By the end one flip cap had been pulled off and the other one was open with dirt and debris covering both lenses. After being dunked in the water it was submerged in, cleaned, and dried off, both lenses were absolutely fine.

Going back on the rifle:
[Image: IMG_4486.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4496.jpg]

After the optic was mounted and torqued down the crosshairs were placed on the spot representing 1 mil in elevation and windage. The knobs were taken back to zero and the optic tracked perfectly back to the original POA. What does all of this mean...not much really other than I'm crazy or I'm just really confident in the products that I buy.

Amateurs practice till they get it right. Professionals practice till they can't get it wrong.
[Image: Gri5A.jpg]
Svar
En barsk "Tasco test"...

Jeg var sgu mere interesseret i hvem der havde lavet det yderst nydelige paintjob...

[Image: skelet025.gif]

Wildcatters does have more fun...

Et æble om dagen holder Doktoren væk...
Hvis du kan ramme mig!

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove
Svar
Mon ikke gutten selv har lavet det.
Jeg kan ikke helt gennemskue hvorfor du kalder det en "Tasco Test", men det er der sikkert en eller anden morsom forklaring på.
Her er så en til fra samme forum – denne gang med en USO.
Citat:quote:

When we originally made the 1st TPAL scopes we goofed on a dimension which left a wall of the body really thin. One of the guys that had the prototype threw the scope/rifle on the ground and busted the tube. From then on we have always tested to beyond normal specs, here are some pictures from some of the testing.

The first picture is actually one of the last from this day when we were getting a bit ridiculous. I have the clay pigeon thrower laying around the shop....yep, you guessed it, we launched it.
[Image: 260473540.jpg]

The first thing we did was hammer 16 penny nails. We could have biult a house, the nails only did slight surface damage to the anodizing. [Image: 260472164.jpg]
[Image: 260472176.jpg]

The next thing we tried was the truck test.
1. 1EA Ford F-150
2. 2EA 4x4 blocks
3. 12EA Coors Light bottles
It took us a while to get the thing on the scope without crushing our fingers, but we did. I don't think we would ever have stopped until we got it right. [Image: 260472169.jpg]
[Image: 260472166.jpg]

We also broke some concrete blocks, my lack of trigger reaction time on the camera sucked, so we didn't get any action photos. Here are the before and after shots. [Image: 260476621.jpg]
[Image: 260476627.jpg]

After several beers things began to take a turn for the worse, grand ideas of blowing sh*t up now was on our minds. This was a firework/bomb that we had laying around from a recent Mexico trip. We through on some caps over the objective and eyepiece, more for entertainment than anything else. [Image: 260472171.jpg]
[Image: 260473405.jpg]
[Image: 260473409.jpg]

Amateurs practice till they get it right. Professionals practice till they can't get it wrong.
Svar
Tasco er et synonym for alle billige kikkerter...

ingen billige kikkerter klarer den test...

Så en "Tasco test" kan vel sidestilles med at sortere ikke brugbart fra brugbart...

Hvis du kan ramme mig!

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove
Svar
Har det [Wink]

Svar
Det er f*n*e en hård test...(seriøst)

Forlyder det om han også tester biler eller damer under lignende hårde og barske vilkår? (knap så seriøst)

Hvis du kan ramme mig!

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove
Svar
Wonder if my wife's huskat will survive alle those tests [?][:o)]

Hunting and Fishing is a dirty business,but someone has to do it.
Soldt all my guns...I'm entering priesthood..:-))
Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 1 gæst(er)