Tråd vurdering:
  • 0 stemme(r) - 0 gennemsnitligt
Whitetail hjort jagt idag
Hjemmher i Michigans nord skoven,jeg skal start min hjortjagt for whitetail bukken. Min .270 er rede med ny Nikon Monarch kikkert installert på riffel.[Wink]
Jeg skal tage billeder hvis lykke idag..[:p]....Eric

Hunting and Fishing is a dirty business,but someone has to do it.
Soldt all my guns...I'm entering priesthood..:-))
Svar
Have a nice hunt and take pictures anyway, I would like to see what the area looks like.

Uffe

Sejren venter den der har alt i orden.......... Det kaldes HELD! Citat: Roald Amundsen.

Uffe

Sejren venter den der har alt i orden.......... Det kaldes HELD! Citat: Roald Amundsen.
Svar
Citat:quote:

Originally posted by ujensen

Have a nice hunt and take pictures anyway, I would like to see what the area looks like.

Uffe

+1 [Big Grin] And please remember those "Gun-Gear-pictures" [:p]

Takleberry

[Image: 24092007003.jpg]

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use
Svar
Seen plenty of deer,but no buk.[Sad]

Several deer just after 1st light..hard to se the 2nd deer but its i the picture.
[Image: 86zc5ev.jpg]

Some oaks ridges I hunted this afternoon..

[Image: 867g45c.jpg]

More deer I walked up on,they were feeding and if one was a
buk,I would have made the shot.

[Image: 8gfmhkg.jpg]

There was 7 deer i this group,but the foto does'nt show it.
[Image: 72qeoo4.jpg]

This gray squirrel I missed out i seeing him with the .17HMR..
I'LL BE BACK[Big Grin]
[Image: 81sabf8.jpg]

Well...maybe tomorrow,saw about 15 deer today anyway...Eric

Svar
Great pictures Eric [Smile] Allthough you didn't get that monsterbuck, it sounds like it was a good day of hunting anyway [Smile] What about hunting does ?? There's something about needing a "deer-tag" whenever hunting buck/doe's or is my Alzheimer messing up my memory again [Wink]

Let's hear when you bring out your .17 HMR and nail that gray squirrel [Wink]

Takleberry

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use
Svar
Takle....

I have an antlerless deer permit that I shall fill later i the season.
Not much to post today....work related problems today kept me out of the woods[Sad],but I shall be out again before daylight tomorrow.[Wink]..Eric

Svar
Went back to the oak ridges this morning where I had seen several groups of deer on opening day.There was not much to see i that area so i the afternoon I moved on down the oak ridge to an old deer blind that I hunt out of i bad weather.
When I approached the blind,I jumped several deer ..so I thought maybe I had better hunt near this old blind until sunset.
At dusk I noticed a lone deer trotting along a ridge about 80 yds-meters from me.Putting the .270 Remington 700 up to my shoulder and looking the deer over with the 3x9 Leupold scope,I could see he was a buk,so I put a .130gr Trophy bonded Bear Claw bullet i his "boiler room" so to speak.[}Smile]
Not a real easy shot as he was trotting pretty good along the oak hillside ,so I had to pick an opening amongst the trees to shoot.[Wink]

Not a big buk ,but he'll look real good right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.[Big Grin] I still have time to hunt as I have another deer permit to fill.

Eric

[Image: 6qawear.jpg]

The LH Remington 700 i the foto is from the 1st year of production for Remington making 700s i lefthand. I bought that rifle i 1972.
Remington made that style of stock for only 1 or 2 years then switched to cut checkering on their 700 BDL stocks.

[Image: 82iwck4.jpg]

[Image: 6kfxesw.jpg]

I had been hunting with my LH Savage 110 i .270 and had installed a new Nikon 3.3x 10 x44 scopeon that rifle but I thought I would take the Remington 700 today for a change i luck.[Big Grin][Big Grin]....Eric

[Image: 8ejovio.jpg]

Svar
Hi Eric! If you cook - I'll bring the beer.
Stort "Tillykke" med bukken.[Smile]

--
mvh M@X.
DRALF champion 2005.
The first one ever.
Murphy's far brugte kondom.
[Image: 63256_def30fe550ab487d6a3c51bc7d-1.jpg]
Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.....

Mvh  M@X 2.1
Svar
Halløj.

Fin hjort Eric.
Jeg var også ude efter whitetails for et par uger siden. Der skulle skydes lidt af hvert. Denne aften blev det til en hind og to kalve. Dagen før blev det til en lille stanghjort.

Jeg har gjort billedet lidt stort, for bemærk venlift broncemedaljen som ligge i baggrunden!!

K&B Rune

[Image: DSC_0032.JPG]
Svar
Tillykke med bukken Eric

God beskrivelse og fine billeder, -keep ´em comming, and good luck filling out the next deer permit [Wink]

/RAW
Svar
Hi Eric

To use a phrase from back then, when things were right "Well done Old Chap" [Smile]
No not a big Trophy 8-point, but sounds like great hunting anyway [Wink] and I'm sure he will look mighty fine besides your mashed potatoes and gravy [:p]

Great pics - and good "tech-info" on your lefty Remmy.

Takleberry

Svar
Fattig nat for hjorten,de vindet mig,så nej skudt denne aften.[Sad]
Men i morgen er i anden dag.[Smile] Deer changed their habits some after snow on the ground,they become more night feeders especially with a full moon against a white ground.
2 came i near my blind,but with shifting winds out of the north,they winded me and headed for thick cover and it was too hard to see at dark.

Area I have hunted the last week when I've had time to hunt,the ridge or hills i the back of the open field i forgrund.

[Image: 6u6p8id.jpg]

[Image: 6ugrecy.jpg]

I hunted with my old Savage 110 i .270 kalibre tonight. Just befor deer season I installed a new Nikon Monarch series scope on this rifle. Optikal power is 3.3 to 10 with a 42mm front Adjustable objective and fast focus eye piece,nice optiks for the money.[Wink]about 320.00 USD

[Image: 8f01h6p.jpg]

[Image: 6lmra5l.jpg]

[Image: 72gn5vn.jpg]

I shall be out again i the morning befor daylight,but I may try another area with more hemlock and spruce...Eric

Here is a better picture of the 3.3 x10x42 Nikon monarch scope.
[Image: 7yp7kvr.jpg]

Svar
Eric:
Are you in Michigan or Cuba? Where are you hunting in MI?...The UP?
Hogmeister
Hogmeister
Svar
Hej Hogmeister
No..I'm i Michigan.[Big Grin][Big Grin]No snow i Cuba ,aye.[Big Grin][Big Grin]but it looks good on the profile.[Big Grin][Big Grin] I'm a cold weather person,could'nt begin to take the tropical heat down i Cuba.[Wink]

I'm hunting in the lower penninsula i northwestern part of the state,Manistee and Benzie counties,counties along Lake Michigan shoreline.

Mvh..Eric

Svar
Ude igen idag for hjorten,med som lykke denne aften ,doe skudt om 3rd drivejagt.[:p]

I went on several drivehunts today .1st one we hunted this area
about4 miles from lake michigan.We put some deer out but no one was i the right spot to get a shot.[Sad]This area is mostly hemlock and spruce with a few aspen and beech trees,good deer cover i late season.[Wink]

[Image: 6oy8p4z.jpg]

next drive ,we hunted an area right next to lake michigan ,up on the bluffs above the big lake. Oaks and beech with hemlock,birch and pines. Good buk area but no one home on this drivehunt.
[Image: 6x8p9h3.jpg]

On the 3rd drivehunt I got lucky,a whitetail doe came running out of a hemlock and "dense brushy" area.She was running broadside
about 60yds/meters and I dropped her to fill my anterless deer permit.[Smile]

[Image: 8beneis.jpg]

[Image: 7yfhe04.jpg]

Notice from the pictures,I had to shoot the doe about mid lenght i the body area,only shot I had,but the.270 130gr bullet still took out most of the
lungs so she did'nt go far..maybe 25 yds and "piled up" in the leaves......Eric

Svar
Tillykke med dyret!

Terrænet ser i øvrigt meget spændende ud!

"You learn something new and depressing every day"
"You learn something new and depressing every day"
Svar
OK, I was just wondering, drove through there in October. Live near Windsor, ON and quite familiar with your area and the dunes on Lake Michigan.
hogmeister
Hogmeister
Svar
I got a call today to come over to the Troppi house, not far from my home.
Their relative,Hoppe Troppi from Finland came to the US to deer hunt with her American relatives.
The Troppi family has a section of land ,640 acres,down in Kansas ,a 2 day drive from Northern Michigan. The land is mostly Corn fields with low ground -swamp land next to the Corn fields.
Lots of big Corn fed whitetail buks down i that area of the US.

I take Hoppe out on fishing trips every sommer when she comes to the US,so she wanted me to see her big Kansas buk.She shot it with a Remington BDL 700 i 6.5mm Remington mag,a calibre you dont see much of around i my part of the country.
These pictures show the head and cape only as they were getting ready
to take the head/antlers to the taxidermist and then the mount will be shipped to Finland when completed......Eric
[Image: 7xlk3fs.jpg]

[Image: 8axaz48.jpg]

Svar
Erik!

As always great pictures and info. We just had a god lot of fun out of it: Got my wife and daughter to take a look at your first picture (with your 2nd deer) at the samne time as my son and I took a look. Guess what: The girls never found the deer (not even when pointed at), whereas the son and I both took less than 5sec to find it. My wife being a doctor surely replied that she wasn't surpriced. Her guess was: Make a similar picture with strawberries or other red fruit, and the girls will out-guess us in a sec! Even though many wants us to be very alike - i guess there is still a (small....) difference[8D]

Rgds.
Jens

PS: Have had a look a texas hunting - but no prices mentioned: Is hunting available at an affordable (OK: reasonably affordable) price in the vicinety of your whereabouts?

It's not the caliber of the rifle that matters,

It's the caliber of the man behind it.
It's not the caliber of the rifle that matters,

It's the caliber of the man behind it.
Svar
Enten er jeg en tøs [:I], eller også forstår jeg ikke teksten. Jeg kan kun se et dyr i billedet:
[Image: 86zc5ev.jpg]
Kan I opklare lidt?

Uffe

Uffe

Svar

Forum spring:

Brugere der kigge i denne tråd: 2 gæst(er)